Quantcast

What is Trails?

sealclubber

Monkey
Nov 21, 2007
so familiar, i dont even get upset about it anymore. i just keep digging. ill be digging lots anyway, and keeping that mentality makes sure im at the trails enough to catch the poachers red-handed, or when they wanna ride the mistakes im fixing. then i school 'em, and it usually turns them in the right direction

and when it doesnt work, i toss them something in their own interests.

for example we had some kids wrecking all the lines at our old old jumps, using a cable spool as a tabletop in the middle of a good gap. it lead to every jump being toned down, etc.

took that spool and tossed it in the middle of that groups flagship jump (which i also built). wasn't too long til they respected the work others do out there, as a collective (and not selfish) effort. they finally focused on riding better instead of tweaking the jumps to their convenience

Last edited:

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle

This is the landing that puts you onto the roller pictured in the above post.

Mutt

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Lost on Long Island
Dang dude, that is one long ess roller! it looks awesome, but is it going to be more of a floater than roaler, seems like you couldn't really pick up over that thing, just pump in, float, and pump out. Not that anyone talks about 'floaters' in trails... not in a good light anyway.

I'm just wondering how you expect it to ride/feel because it looks super-fun.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Yeah Cru! koala is lookin nice. how long have they been dormant? the woods like so nice, and nice gentle slope... awesome.
They had been dormant for about a year and a half. Unfortunately, it's in a spot that takes tons of maintenance and sees too much random traffic.

I can't take credit for the rebuild. A bunch of the local kids revived it after a recent rain storm. They did an amazing job... it's looking better than ever.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
pnj - roller and the trails are looking real good!

Cru - nice pics as always

Couple pre-season pics - stuff is dry and the lack of leaves on the trees doesn't help. But rain is coming down now and we are hoping to button up some things this week.

Attachments

Apr 27, 2012
300.jpg
though id throw this in my new mnt bike at the minersville trails my first jump in over 2 years nice little pump section to a step up and a 5 ft table after words proud for my first day out

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Roller is a tad soft. I actually have to pedal to make backside but it should get faster as it dries up/hardens...

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle

rebuild session this weekend.
So much new quality dirt put into the landing, roller and next lip.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
That is a different spot that is not far from where I've been diggin. They mostly ride 26's but build/ride like bmxers. They have a small crew but sick and manly trails.

today we had a berm rebuild session. a crazy day with 12(!!!!!) guys working to rebuild the Ripper berm. 4 hour dig sesh, after work.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Yeah, looks a lot like the same dirt and vegitation.

12 guys digging?! Damn, I don't think we have had 12 people total at our spot at one time. Must have banged out a ton of work.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle

picked the whole berm...

reshape!

this is the berm in the gopro vid I posted above. it's massive. we redid the whole thing. it's steeper and seriously looks monumental. Can't wait to rip it when the sun comes back out!

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
today was trails. that berm we rebuilt is SO FREAKING FAST. The right hip out of it sends you to the moon. and the last step up is SIIIICK. Hope everyone had as much fun as we did today. Summer is going to rule!

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle

last jump in the line. stacking the landing.... Two lines run into this jump. Both are downhill lines, one has a massive step up, the other has a 28 foot booter. The speed will vary so this last jump will have a short/inside line and a larger outside gap. Left hand hip....

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Looking great pnj!

I've been soloing on a lander for the past week or so. We have had a bunch of rain which is good and bad. Taller/bigger stuff rules but takes forever to stack and capping. Might try to fire it up this weekend for a Father's Day present - need to figure out what the final shape of the lip will need to be.