Quantcast

what is with the docs and dhrs?

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
i understand that they are good, but what is it that makes everyone want one.i was at a race today, and about half the dhers are riding dhrs. what makes these bikes the popular ones?

vtrider

Monkey
Apr 11, 2005
vermont
didnt you know? the fox 40 is the new big thing! everyone whos anyone has one!
Apparently they're sick, but id be nervous with that massive knob hanging off the bottom of my fork. Apparently no one has broken the knob yet though

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
dirtjumpP.1 said:
i understand that they are good, but what is it that makes everyone want one.i was at a race today, and about half the dhers are riding dhrs. what makes these bikes the popular ones?
As for the DHR, it works and works well and Turner quality and customer service are legendary.

The DOCs are the latest design from a small company that has won the loyalty of it's customers by producing superbly engineered products at a good price and backing them up with excellent customer service. I imagine it doesn't hurt the bad@ss imagine any that it says "Evil" on it either.

Mike <-- seriously thinking of a 5 spot or 6 pack and owner of several Evil/e13 products

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
don't forget, the DOC is priced to pretty much manhandle the competition (well, price plus reputation). you won't find many $450 steel hardtails with the support and science that go into DOCs.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
yeah for p bikes

specialized is screwing people on the p.3 frame, its 550 dollars, which is 200 less than the p.1 which has the same frame

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
dirtjumpP.1 said:
Its the yearly ridemonkey hype. Theres a new one every year. One or two bikes become THE bike to own. Next year it will flip and 1 or 2 other bikes (heck maybe some new fork besides the fox forks) will become THE part to own.

Gotta say, I am not much about hype, but the DOC is pretty good value, I think even I can get those at a decent price.

BadFastard

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
Belgium
vtrider said:
Apparently they're sick, but id be nervous with that massive knob hanging off the bottom of my fork. Apparently no one has broken the knob yet though
Your disk hangs heaps deeper than that knobbie (which is a protector anyway).

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Show me another burly hardtail frame with a high quality Reynolds tubeset, and the features, engineering and customer support that the Evil guys have in their products, all for less than $500, and I'll show you the next super popular hardtail frame.

I don't think there's any mystery as to why this frame is popular - I'm sure the Evil guys have a whole new generation of converts on their hands, as this is a screaming deal regardless of whether or not you have any loyalty to the company.

As for the DHRs... You know you want one.

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
dirtjumpP.1 said:
i think people are just getting these bikes to follow the crowd...
Looks like you found the answer all by yourself :rolleyes:

dirtjumpP.1 said:
yeah for p bikes
specialized is screwing people on the p.3 frame, its 550 dollars, which is 200 less than the p.1 which has the same frame
Coincidentally, Evil ISN'T screwing people on the price of DOC's.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Because evil's are amazing bikes from a small company with great service and design put into it. Everyone has lusted after evils and now they can own one with a nice pricepoint amazing hardtail.

I'd definetly get a Evil over a P bike those frames arent that great.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
SkaredShtles said:
Hm.

I read the thread.

I still don't know what anyone is talking about..... :think:

-S.S.-
The dirtjumpP1 guy went to the first race in the PNW this summer and saw all the new bikes and has some serious new bike envy. ;)

The DHR's is short for the Turner DH bike (DHR) and the DOC is the new Steel hardtail bike from Evil.

P1 just wishes he had a new bike.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
the doc has everything going for it but its clinch is the price. anything else in its class (sinister dna, imperial, revel, brooklyn, yeti etc etc) are all at least another couple hundred more. I think quite a few other companies will introduce something along the same lines in the next year or so.

the dhr is just well refined and turner helps out just about anyone who asks them (from ep to grassroots to full blown pro kits). personally i dont like the way the dhr rides but thats just me. the quality is top notch

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
dirtjumpP.1 said:
i think people are just getting these bikes to follow the crowd...
There was over 2x the # of DHRs as spokane this year compared to last. As said, Turners Quality abnd CS is top- notch and they make a pretty fine DH bike.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
RhinofromWA said:
The dirtjumpP1 guy went to the first race in the PNW this summer and saw all the new bikes and has some serious new bike envy. ;)

The DHR's is short for the Turner DH bike (DHR) and the DOC is the new Steel hardtail bike from Evil.

P1 just wishes he had a new bike.
Danke schoen!

-S.S.-