Quantcast

What is wrong with normal baby names?

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
On a similar note, trivia:

Johnny Cash did not write "A Boy Named Sue." Lyrics were courtesy of--Shel Silverstein!!

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Lemonjello and Orangejello

pronounced "Laymongelo" and "Orongelo."

A school teacher friend of mine had these two brothers in her class.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Sounds like he'd be able to get a job on the set of Oprah. Barf.

How about Summer-Rain? I know one of them. Last name? Worme.

Yep.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
We had a student named "Baby John Doe Dominguez..." Apparently, his parents hadn't understood what was written on their yet-unnamed baby's crib or wrist tag in the hospital...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
My sister named her kids with non-traditional names. I won't mention them on the intraweb, but it took a little bit to get used to, but I like those names very much now.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Lemonjello and Orangejello

pronounced "Laymongelo" and "Orongelo."

A school teacher friend of mine had these two brothers in her class.
Gasp! I had a friend of a friend who had an aunt who's hair dresser's daughter-in-law was a teacher and she had these two in her class too! Small world.

I personally don't see anything wrong with "weird" names. Our kids are probably going to end up with "funny" names, not that that would come as a shock. I think names like mike and john are boring. Pick something a little more imaginative your daughter or son won't have to be referred to as "You know John/Jane don't you? John/jane, which john/jane? Oh the one with the glasses who went to MSU? No the one with the brown hair who never shows up on time. Ohhhhhhh, ok, that john/jane'.

And I don't see anything wrong with the name Tilman.

ETA, I totally picked mike as a boring name before I realized who the started of the thread was. :)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
did he move to Kansas?
No he moved to Maryland and got a divorce one week after getting married. Right after he married his girlfriend of 7 years she announced that now that they were married they could start swinging, she just assumed that was what he has wanted all along. True story.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
No he moved to Maryland and got a divorce one week after getting married. Right after he married his girlfriend of 7 years she announced that now that they were married they could start swinging, she just assumed that was what he has wanted all along. True story.
swingers, huh. did she know knuck?

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Weak.

Tilman is gay, but Takeyla is not?

In some languages, ending a word in "a" makes the word feminine. As opposed to "o", masculine.
But, not in English. And I didn't say whether or not I like the name Takeyla. Just said I know a guy.

Tilman is almost as bad as Opie.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
My name is Stosh and my wife's is Aubrey we couldn't go naming our daughter Jen now could we?

I like unique names, I loved being the only Stosh in my school. We named our daughter Brinley and everybody who has ever heard the name loves it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My wife named our daughter Madison thinking it was slightly unique only to learn it was the 3rd most popular name for 2000. Oops.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
My wife named our daughter Madison thinking it was slightly unique only to learn it was the 3rd most popular name for 2000. Oops.
My wife is a 3rd grade teacher she always knows which names are the most popular.

Windowlicker

Monkey
Dec 27, 2007
Santa Cruz
my mom knows a women who names her children after cities and then middle names common. like her first born son was named Ireland Patrick, her daughter Verona Catherine.
quite ugly.