Quantcast

What is wrong with school officials?

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23928454/

In Maryland, 166 elementary school children were suspended last year for sexual harassment, including three preschoolers, 16 kindergartners and 22 first-graders, according to the State Department of Education. Statistics for the District were not available.
:disgust1:

A 4-year-old in Texas was given an in-school suspension after a teacher's aide accused him of sexual harassment for pressing his face into her breasts when he hugged her.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
4-year-old in Texas was given an in-school suspension after a teacher's aide accused him of sexual harassment for pressing his face into her breasts when he hugged her.
have to wonder of all the "firsts" parents like to journal or scrapbook, if "first motorboat" was this one.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Teachers are in a damned if they do and damned if they don't situation. Don't report it and someone construes it as "oohh she loved it when little Timmy buried his face in her ample cleavage, she's an animal". Report it and completely stretch the bounds of credibility. It's the CYA principle taken to ridiculous but inevitable lengths.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I agree that the teachers are CYA, but the Admin should take a stand as the third party and declare these actions innocuous. Maybe a few kids need help, but otherwise, they're creating psychopaths who will be afraid to live and a few of them will really snap.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Zero tolerance policies are the tools of ineffectual management, which is a direct byproduct of the Peter Principle. Parents need to take a stand in school districts and get them to understand this is ridiculous.

Of course if they did and policies were relaxed, the same parents would probably hella sue as soon as something happened to a precious snowflake.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
my wife and I were shocked when we saw that on the news
that's b/c news is now infotainment.
it should be on spikeTV between "most outrageous police chases" and "the ultimate fighter"

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
that's b/c news is now infotainment.
it should be on spikeTV between "most outrageous police chases" and "the ultimate fighter"
There's an idea for a new show......."3rd Grader Octagon" We could pit an adult against a group of pissed off 3rd graders in the octagon. Put up some money for the winner and I think we have a show!!

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
There's an idea for a new show......."3rd Grader Octagon" We could pit an adult against a group of pissed off 3rd graders in the octagon. Put up some money for the winner and I think we have a show!!
Reminds me of when Michael Jackson was the guest host on the Mickey Mouse Club.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
They will just end up rolling around on the floor and squeezing each other like those MMA dudes. BOOOORING.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I sense a new reality show!

"Are you badder than a pack of 3rd graders?" A cage match for $$$
I am pitching it to Spike TV this weekend.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=89333

Eight-year-old Eathan Harris was originally suspended from Harris Park Elementary School for three days. Principal Chris Benisch reduced the suspension to one day after complaints from Harris' parents.

Harris used a black Sharpie marker to color a small area on the sleeve of his sweatshirt. A teacher sent him to the principal when she noticed him smelling the marker and his clothing.

"It smelled good," Harris said. "They told me that's wrong."
In his letter suspending the child, Benisch wrote that smelling the marker fumes could cause the boy to "become intoxicated."

A toxicologist with the Rocky Mountain Poison Control Center says that claim is nearly impossible.

Dr. Eric Lavonas says non-toxic markers like Sharpies, while pungent-smelling, cannot be used to get high.

"I don't know whether it would be possible for a real overachiever to figure out a way to get high off them," Lavonas said. "But in regular use, it's just not something that's going to happen."
"Principals make hundreds of decisions everyday based on our best judgment. And in that time, smelling that marker, I felt like, 'Wow, that's a very serious marker,'" Benisch said.

Despite the medical evidence, Benisch promised to draw an even clearer line on markers.

"We've purged every permanent marker there is in this building," he said.
Hah, how do people like this get in positions of power?!?

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
They eliminated all markers in the school? How f*cking stupid of a reaction is that? If I was a parent I would be organizing to get that principal fired, if he is that stupid then he has no business being in charge of other people