Quantcast

What is wrong with this country?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by DRB
Looks like this guy just wanted to win. I'm sure any negotiations will go swimmingly with him involved.
Aahahahhahaha... he is a personal friend of mine. ;)

Your points are taken but I am not going to vote for a 22 million $$$ bond just to update the fire supression of a different school - it will get it's update before the end of the year with or without a bond.

LoboDelFuego

Monkey
Mar 5, 2002
Well both may parents are teachers so i may be abit biased, and I agree that its seems pretty strange - a 1st year janitor at my mom' school (Great Neck) makes just as much as my dad did after 5 years of teaching at his school ( in Queens).

On the topic of motivation, I think that the real motivatin has to come from the parents. This is something that is hard to change because non-motivator parents-> uneducated kid -> undeucated parent-> non-motivator parents. I got to a good school but we have our fair share of gangster thug idiots who don't do anything and just make school a dangerous unpleasant place. Their parents obviously don't care that they are failing all their classes for not showing up to class, and even if they did (rarely) come to class. I beleive that if a student is willing to learn and work hard, they will not be limited by the school's budget, teachers, buses, whatever.

Two years ago I compiled a small report called "Give or Take a Few (Billion)" which basically explained how cutting back on certain things could pay for others. The Navy had a contract for 15 F-18 aircraft. Had the Navy ordered 14 F-18's, 30 hospitals, schools and libraries around the country could have been built ( the projects were cancelled for lack of funds). The sad fact is that goverment money isn't one big pool, but rather a hundred little bathtubs. So if you take less money out of one bathtub, itll still stay in that same tub, it won't be redistributed to tubs that are dry. The classic example of this is prisons in california getting air conditioning whilst schoolchildren were recycling cans to buy $20 plastic fans for their hellish classrooms.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by allsk8sno
umm everything...atleast nowdays...
You're the kind of young punk who says, "Back in the day." Aren't ya!?! Back in the day for you kid was this morning! hahahaha :D