• Other

Votes: 2 4.4%

• Total voters

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
RhinofromWA said:
:D What kind? I actually jsut picked up a Renthals motobars. I am curious to what yours are....because if I cut mine down to 26 1/4" then I wouldn't be able to mount my triggershifter. Maybe if you are running gripshift it isn't as much of an issue.:think:

Mine are Renthals Moto Trials bar ( KENICHI KUROYAMA style) and I love them.
you won't find me with gripshift... what do you mean trigger shift won't mount? I dont know what mine are, they have been used and are scratched, logos are unreadable. They came off my friend's RM9 which he bought used. I just know that they are really thick and work good. Actually, I'd compare them to my pro tapers - they are exactly the same in almost every way, except they only have 1" rise.
I think I'll like them when I get used to them.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
dwaugh said:
you won't find me with gripshift... what do you mean trigger shift won't mount? I dont know what mine are, they have been used and are scratched, logos are unreadable. They came off my friend's RM9 which he bought used. I just know that they are really thick and work good. Actually, I'd compare them to my pro tapers - they are exactly the same in almost every way, except they only have 1" rise.
I think I'll like them when I get used to them.
The cable on my XTR trigger shifters hit the rise and limit the angle of the shifter if I mount them any more inboard.

Answer made a Alumilite DH bar (I think they called them alumilite still but they were tanks) Had a low rise and were straight gauge with no buldge. The required a shim (was gold and had a groove for an O ring) to size up to a MTB stem. You could also run them on BMX stems as they were the same outside diameter...7/8". I had a pair back in the day..... My bars were just plain aluminum/kinda polished. You might have a pair of these...they are BEEFY and you would have a hard time sticking your pinky inside the bar because the walls of the tube are so dang thick.

MX bars come in 7/8" clamp areas and a "oversized" clamp diameter that does not mate up with MTB stems....reg or oversized.

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
I like my bars to be about 40 feet long. And well-stocked with booze. And girls swinging around on brass poles.
And I don't know how to convert mm's to inches either. Know why? BECAUSE THIS IS AMERICA AND I DON'T HAVE TO!!

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
Skookum said:
haha how funny coming from someone with the handle "potroast"......
That name was given to me by an ex-girlfriend :evil: She wasn't too familiar with mm's either, but she definitely knows her inches. :eek: