Quantcast

What is your favorite Tequila?

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
where does Cabo Wabo stand in everyones list?
It's not bad for margaritas.

For margs, I usually use:

Cabo Wabo (any of them)
Hura Dura (Reposado or Silver...depending on the current bank account state...)
Sauza Hornitos

I also use Sauza Hornitos for San Juan Hookers.

1 shot glass Sauza
1 shot glass dill pickle juice

Shoot the tequila, then chase it with the pickle juice.

Awesomeness times eleventy. It's one way to get completely hammered. And love it.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Used to drink a lot of Patron on the rocks. Anejo was my favorite... but silver is not far off and much cheaper.

Recently -BB- turned me onto "puerto viarta" Anejo - half the price, smoother and more flavor. Drink it chilled "neat"

All time favorite found in Juarez Mexico - "Mesteno" respado. drankit neat and warm... was VERY smooth

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
picked up on my last trip to mexico: clase azul reposado is really tasty stuff (& comes in a neat bottle):

unfortunately decent tequila is ridiculously overpriced up here. ie, cabo reposado is $90 a bottle (something like $35 down there). free trade my ass.

Last edited:

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
if you can find it, gran centenario plata....or the anejo or reposado. they're all amazing. but the plata is by far the loveliest to drink. too bad canada hasn't heard of it :shakefist:
That is the stuff right there. We have half a bottle left and the girlfriend loves it. We also got a new bottle of Cazadores that she got from her trip to Mexico. Both of those seem to be some good stuff!

I agree with Zark though.........Knob creek or Makers any day. Sometimes other boozes bring out the worst in you :(

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Wow great thread, didn't know tequila was that big among vanilla yanks, definately got my curious about it!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
So, I got a wild hair and tried Anejo instead of silver last time I got some Patron. Holy moly, that shizz is good!

Has anyone ever ordered booze of the intarwebz?

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Without a doubt, it has to be Puerto Vallarta Anejo.
This obviously isnt a "name brand", but it has the quality of a Patron, but for the cost of a Quervo. I can get a 750ml for about $20 around here. :thumb:

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
Tough to go wrong with any of the Corralejos. For cheap sippers (and guests that don't know the difference) the Tres Generaciones line up is 'good enough' as well as the less expensive stuff by Milagro.
Tonala makes a good 4+ year Anejo (the one in the glass bottle, not the ceramic jug).
Current favorites in the house are El Paradiso Anejo, Porfidio Anejo, and Casa Noble "Platinum".

Anyone tried the 5150 domestic "tequila" yet?