Quantcast

What is your Home's Walk Score?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Previous place in Berkeley

New place in Montreal (without factoring in transportation) - probably significantly higher than that with transport factored in as I'm surrounded by buses and metros.

Riding

Monkey
Dec 19, 2006
Millis, MA
Seems pretty accurate to me, but some not so relative references.

House I grew up in got a 69, I would not walk a lot of places there because the walk was not interesting and a bit long. Growing up I had McDonalds, Stop & Shop, drug stores, conveinience stores all within a half mile, but closer to the half mile and all on crappy main streets. I could take the bus, but never did.

Current house got a 66. I have more specialty stores much closer and commuter rail into boston a block away. To me these are better and deserves a higher score.

My girlfriend lives in Brookline(Town in Boston) between Washington square and Coolidge Corner. Her place got an 88. Pretty much everything is walking distance to her apt and the green line(subway/trolley) is right outside her door.

Not sure what you would need to get a 100, Live next to a mall?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
at first my score was 75 and i was all confused...the map looked like my address wasn't entered correctly, so i put in a space for 'cross bow' and then i got the right answer:

i wanna know why it's a 2 and not a 0. there's nothing commercial within a 3-4 mile walk of me.

wreckedrex

Monkey
Feb 8, 2007
Fremont, CA
Not sure what you would need to get a 100, Live next to a mall?
Nope, I live right across the street from one and my place got an 80. It only pulled a couple of shops from the mall and missed the HUGE freakin' lucky's that's inside of a mile away along with the scads of restaurants and shops that are in the same shopping center. And the foodmax, a crap ton of restaurants, the bevmo and all the bus lines... At least it found the rasputin record shop that's been closed for years. So yeah, not the most accurate data in the world.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
House I just bought.........0/100.

*link deleted*

I love the boonies. :thumb:
WOOOOT, party at 5 geordie ln, h*******ton, ma tonight!! If you haven't moved all your stuff in yet, it'll be perfect, we'll be there with a keg around 9pm. Work for you? :thumb:

My current house is listed as a 40, but that's probably generous.

Nearest Grocery store - .5 miles, but it's a Vietnamese grocer, not exactly someplace we're going to be shopping every week.
Nearest Bar - .5 miles, but it's a redneck dive that fits about 5 people, total in it. No thanks.

The place where I grew up is listed as an 8, and I can't remember ever walking ANYWHERE from there. Not only is it 1.5 miles to the nearest "grocery store" (gas station deli), but it's narrow, winding roads and no shoulder, let alone sidewalk. It is suicide to try to walk anywhere around there.

Al C. Oholic

Monkey
Feb 11, 2010
FoCo
i got a 60, which is decent, except for the fact that the giant Safeway right up the street wasn't on here, the major gym across the road was listed as a karate school, and according to this there are about six schools within pissing distance of me. needs work

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
92 out of 100, but only better than 51% of other San Franciscans.

I noticed that where I hung out in the French Quarter was the only place with a 100%.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
It's a good idea, but definitely needs some work. I got a 68, but live 3/4 of a mile from downtown. I think my area is more walkable than most. I would go ballistic without a car, but, really, anything you could really need is located 5 miles or less.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
20 out of 100.

I wonder what the score would be if it used the location of my place vs the end of the driveway. My place is 1/2 mile from the end of the driveway.