Quantcast

What I've Been Up To...

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
hey monkeys!! it's been a little while since i've posted. and a lot less since i moved to TX. fortunately for you...less fortunate for them...i post more on our local bike club site now. :biggrin:

this would make it my first spring in TX since i moved in the heart of summer last year. still LOVIN it!! however i can honestly say i DON'T like their "typical" thunder/lightening storms. the sh*t makes the house shake. talk about everything's BIGGER in TX. :panic:

spring also means a lot of rain. and NOT a lot of riding. so as if i could squeeze more into my schedule i took on our bike club's newsletter project. kinda fell in my lap actually but the people here have been awesome. and i've really found a home here especially with the folks from our club. total strangers have helped me SO much in getting myself and the kids settled here. so i actually wanted to take on the newsletter as a way to give back.

it took a lot of hours, but i'm really pleased with this one. and whether you hate it (stinkyboy comes to mind right off the bat) or like it, it definitely took the club's newsletter into the twenty first century...at least in capabilities down the road.

and well...so many of you have endeared yourself to me so i really was excited to share it with you. (please don't misquote me on that in a sig line :brows:)

the link will take you to the posting on our local club's site where you can view it from there.

http://www.dorba2.com/node/666

and fyi... the summer edition will come out in the next few months. i'd be totally open to suggestions!! after all...we all ride right!!??

Last edited:

G-Cracker

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Tucson, beatch!
How large is your club? I'm impressed your newsletter is 40+ pages. Do all your members contribute or do you have specific folks writing ongoing sections, or what?

I'm the webmaster/designer and on the Board for our local club and we struggle with keeping a newsletter going. I'd love to do it but getting folks to write articles is tough.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
you have endeared yourself to me so i really was excited
:biggrin:

Welcome back! Good to hear from you.

Chicken fried muthafvckin' steak! God Bless Texas.

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
How large is your club? I'm impressed your newsletter is 40+ pages. Do all your members contribute or do you have specific folks writing ongoing sections, or what?

I'm the webmaster/designer and on the Board for our local club and we struggle with keeping a newsletter going. I'd love to do it but getting folks to write articles is tough.
our bike club is 800+ people and i believe one of the largest in the nation. our new board has been working hard to upgrade the organization. when the project was dropped in my lap i had about 5 articles, all small in content. i first set out to give the newsletter organization with the thought that the board members should be required to write something so if nothing else it could be a medium for the club to communicate to the members. the idea was the trail masters should write about their trails, ride leaders and event/clinic coordinators should write about their events and upcoming ones. and the board could use it to inform about what was going on behind the scenes administratively. then i went out and just emailed a bunch of folks with very specific ideas of articles. my goal was to try and design it to make it more magazine like so future editions people would want to be a part of it. we'll see if i succeeded in a few months. :biggrin:

that's odd...you can't view it?

:biggrin:

Welcome back! Good to hear from you.
hey X3 that shirt has become my staple riding shirt. :biggrin:

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I had a wild night with a girl from San Antonio a few years ago. Riding in San Antonio could be really good if i base it off that. :0)