Quantcast

What kind of bike on the north shore?

jej

Chimp
Feb 1, 2005
SD, So cal
I plan to ride the north shore after the crankworks in whistler (fromme, seymour,..etc) for the first time. Is it redable with a DH race bike with just one big chainring (I can't climb anything with this bike) or do i need a real freeride bike with a dual chainring.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Dual chainring helps. It can be done on a race bike though.

What ring and cassette are you running?

jej

Chimp
Feb 1, 2005
SD, So cal
Thanks.
you're probably an animal to ride a 44th ;-)
What else can I shuttle on the north shore, I'll be there for few days and I want to ride some nice trails, I don't want to ride insane crazy stunts but I'm in for any intermediate/expert freeride trail with some drops, jumps..etc

Sam B

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Cascadia
Depending on what you ride you may not really pedal at all. Cypress is all about the steeps, and you will be happy to be on a DH bike. Fromme is quite groomed these days. Seymour has a mix of everything.

Ride what cha got and don't worry about it.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
leave the dh rig at home if you are wandering to seymour only..that place is a 5/5, 6/6 type of place. Lots of pedaling and a fair amount of hike-a-bike can be found throughout the mountain. There are some trails on that mountain that would better suit a dh sled but you won't find those. The usual suspect trails are mid-travel best friends.

Cypress on the other hand...while smaller bikes can do just fine, a dh sled is ideal.

As stated above, Fromme (not off the main trails) is about as paved as it gets so the smaller the better. Sam knows whats up...just ride and have fun!