Quantcast

What kind of marinade to use tonight?

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
so, all those beers aren't just for me. yes, i'm entertaining people with crappy beer (according to most of you). But, we're having a fatty bbq, i have about 5lbs of chicken and 4lbs of tri-tip and different types of marinades. I've got Tequila-Lime, Louisiana Red Pepper w/ lemon, Caribbean jeark w/ Papaya or Honey Garlic. hrmm..which to use tonight..? or any outside suggestions..? maybe make a beerinade?

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
I will find and hurt you if you touch the tri-tip with a marinade. Salt, pepper, maybe a touch of red pepper... rub it in, let it dry, sear it, cook it slow. Five years of school in tri-tip country (San Luis Obispo) showed me a thing or two, and one of them was to NEVER marinate your tri-tip.

Edit: Give the chicken a sweeter flavor to give your guests an option (dark, meaty flavor or light, sweet chicken flavor). My $0.02.

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
I say you should do the chicken in a couple different marinades to offer people choices. The tri-tip, use some soy sauce, some garlic powder, black pepper, and chili powder, but just rub it in, don't soak or marinate it. Slow cook it. While the tri tip is cooking, go to the store and buy a couple good Belgian brews. A Duvel would go nicely with the tri tip.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Make sure you take pictures! I can't wait to see your dumb azz stumbling around with a bottle of mudslide again. You freakin rock dood!