Quantcast

What knife do you EDC?

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I always have a small swiss army on my keychain but recently decided on something beefier. Meet the Spyderco Dragonfly. The blade is 2 5/16 long with an overall length of 5 7/16.

What'choo carry?

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
Work: SOG Flash II

EDC: Benchmade Griptillian or mini-Griptilian depending on how my mood strikes me.

I think I have a CRKT somethingorother that lives somewhere in my turnouts.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Every Day Carry

For most people it'll be your keys, wallet and cell phone. I add a flashlight and knife to my edc items.
ahh

SOG Flash II, digi camo 1/2 serrated
or
Benchmade Mel Pardue automatic
or
Kershaw Blackout

i never leave home without a knife.
im hoping to get a MoD MPAK for Xmas

Last edited:

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I have a smaller version of the knife in Ark's pic attached to my keys. So I guess that's EDC.

No idea why you yanks carry knives, but mine is invaluable for opening packages.

greengreer

Monkey
Apr 27, 2008
NC
i've been carrying this kershaw for almost 3 yrs, and I am generally pretty demanding on knives. other than a few scratches it works perfectly. it has a torsion bar inside of it that assists in opening- basically a legal switchblade so one handed opening and closing is effortless, which i have found to be really handy. the coating on this thing is also resilient and easy to clean.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Benchmade HK 14210. Carried it for quite a while - now that I'm working in an office and not in the field, I don't keep it in my pocket every day.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
um, I have a little CRKT foldout money clip...nice for opening boxes and turning screws.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA

I've had a Gator like since I was about 13, and other arguably nicer knives have come and gone but this is the blade I keep coming back to.

I can flick it out with one hand, the grip is comfortable, the steel is good, and I've reground the edge bevels so it's respectably sharp for a utility knife. Also, it's big and scary, which makes it perfect for DC. Never leave home without it.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
I just carry a folding utility knife I bought from Costco, 5 knives with extra blades for $20. Does what I need it to do and stays on my belt pretty well. Only have 3 left cuz the others got stolen by gremlins.

Straya

Monkey
Jul 11, 2008
Straya
When I'm at work I carry this around as well as a leatherman.

Also a Gerber Hinderer with my fire gear.

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
Leatherman everyday, sometimes I also have my fold-away box cutter with me.

Smith and Wesson first response knife with the turnout gear.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Oh man, Every day carry knife...... **** that depends on the day.

Normally I grab my S&W goldsheild Homeland security folder...... Not the hardest steel, use it mostly for work ans **** like that, sharpens up fairly easily, was on sale for 20 bucks, normally fourty... So I wont cry if I ruin it. Got a handfull, litterally of assorted folders ranging from 20 to 300 dollars, pretty much everything BUT Spyderco, cant stand there special you have to have our sharpener to do our serrations.

When hiking, I take the full tang blades on my side. Usually 6-8 in in size depending on whch one I want.

I keep them all sharp enough to shave with. Reason I have so many folders is once one is no longer sharp to my liking, I grab another one to use. I sit down in front of the PC in the garage, put the music videos on random and make an evening of resharpening them all at once. Use a Gatco six stone system, with an additon of a brand new stone I got tonight, so now seven step total if I need.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i clip this in the trauma plate pocket of my vest (stopped carrying pocket clip knives in my pocket after i saw gang members training each other on how to grab a cop's clip knife out of the pocket and use it on him/her). i can't afford to buy the expensive benchmade and spyderco knives with how often i lose them and my inexpensive gerber will take care of business just as well as a $200 knife.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
pretty much everything BUT Spyderco, cant stand there special you have to have our sharpener to do our serrations.
I learned of this soon after buying and I'm going to bench the Spyderco because of it.

i clip this in the trauma plate pocket of my vest (stopped carrying pocket clip knives in my pocket after i saw gang members training each other on how to grab a cop's clip knife out of the pocket and use it on him/her).
!!!:eek:

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Are you guys buying these folding rambo knives in between sessions of shooting roids? Maybe a grizzly bear is after you because you owe him money?

Hen & Rooster Canoe

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
I mainly carry a Kershaw Scallion half serrated. I also have a CRKT Point Guard from SAC. I rotate between them when one gets dull. I like the Kershaw a little more because its got the assisted open and the rough finish on the handle keeps it clipped in place on my jeans pocket.

I really want a CRKT M-16, just haven't "needed" it enough yet.

Jul 1, 2005
oakland, CA
yeah, i used to carry a kershaw leek,
but they're too smooth n sleek, lost 2 of em now...
replaced it with a kershaw blur tanto, n love it.
with the spring assist it opens like buttah,
& holds a sharpass edge like a champ!

Attachments