Quantcast

what m i doing wrong.

jonnyknox

Chimp
Sep 10, 2005
the other day i was going off f just some small jump and everytime i would go hard on them i would do like a nosedive and like almost go over my handlebars......am i overshooting the jump or am i like forgeting to pull up......im pretty much a beginner so i was wondering what could it be?

thnx jon

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
my bet is that you're positioned incorrectly on the bike. you shouldn't be all tucked back when you hit jumps. watch a video of people jumping...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
jonnyknox said:
im sorry i dont know something....and am asking a question bout it
the problem isn't in your question but in the language you use. spell words out completely ("ne"), don't neglect the apostrophes, etc. proper english is easier to read.

(do note that capitalization is strictly optional. :D)

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
yeh no offence, but when you asked people for there help make sure that they can understand what your saying man thats just as important as asking the question and us answering the question.

ohh just practice practice practice. the feel for it will come naturally and dont sit way back on the bike. let the bike do its thing man and youll be money.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
loco said:
I even thought they were lame this time.
i at least tried to help him before i jumped on the bandwagon. i'm not going to look up urls of jumping vids for some dude who can't spell :D

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
jonnyknox said:
the other day i was going off f just some small jump and everytime i would go hard on them i would do like a nosedive and like almost go over my handlebars......am i overshooting the jump or am i like forgeting to pull up......im pretty much a beginner so i was wondering what could it be?

thnx jon
Are you riding a full suspension bike? When I got a new shock on my bike I noticed the same thing - I seemed to nosedive onto the other side of the jump. The rebound was too fast. Once I slowed down the rebound, I didn't feel like I was getting bucked off.

Just a thought.

-sunny

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Shock set up will have a lot to do with it also. What bike and rear shock are you running?

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
dropmachine.com said:
lol omg jumpz r roxorz neway i no how 2 jump u jist go fast n pull n u go huuuge 2 flat omg lol ****tard.

:think:

Where's a sharp object when you need one?