Quantcast

What make and model is this fork?

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
thats an RST Sigma X5, seriously I saw a couple of the Tech-in racers with them on their bikes. apperently RST is like the Marzocchi over in taiwan

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
I coul be wrong, I recognized it because of the weird crown design that i saw on the Tech-in guys forks which they informed me was an RST sigma x5. Some guy on here had one of them on his Hairy Gary Howitzer.

google some pics of any idea you might have of the fork's name, and see if one matches up.

cederrowe

Monkey
Feb 18, 2006
portland, oregon
I dont know if this helps? But between the crown pinch bolts there is a tiny allen bolt
And were the lower stanchions go into the uppers IE; dust seals, there is a cap that unscrews from the upper to remove the dust seal I believe?

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
dude...its the hannebrink...
who else uses those huge like 45mm legs?

Dirty

Aug 3, 2003
pretty sh*tty....

i mean, they were expensive, especially back then...close to a grand or more...which was pretty rare back then...

i think they have a lot of reliability issues, and dan was known for using really thin tubing, so people said they were pretty flexy...

does it seem pretty light for an 8" fork>?

Dirty

Aug 3, 2003
yeah, low weight cause of the thin tubing...

are you planning on using it?
Do you have a hub for it?

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
Dirtjumper999 said:
thats an RST Sigma X5, seriously I saw a couple of the Tech-in racers with them on their bikes. apperently RST is like the Marzocchi over in taiwan
Tech-In is japanese. And they run Tech-In forks (Tech-In makes suspension products) on their bikes not RST.

Also Hanebrink forks are absolute turds. There are no real seals and they are full of a bunch of elastomers and dampers that don't work particularly well. They came with neoprene sleeves that were zip tied to the upper tube and the stantion to act as a makeshift seal.

BSEVEER

Monkey
Dec 23, 2004
SoCal
A lot of people don't seem to like the Hanebrink but I raced on one for 4 years with no problems at all.

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
tech-in makes a bling-bling fork i wonder how it performs cause it looks like something outta japanese cartoon.

http://www.tech-in.com/japan/product/t11tin/index.htm
travel:180mm
weight: 6.83lbs

i translated some of there site and they seem to be using TiNi coating on the stantions and on the innertubes. the forks are supposed to be seccond in relibility to marzocci and amazing performance they cost about 375000 yen i dunno how much that is

mmaddmark

Monkey
Feb 24, 2004
its a hanebrink lt-8. 2 springs on one side butted together with a plastic male-to-male connection and the other side is a air cartridge. thats it. 25mm hub/axle.

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Hane brink is pretty bad. this fork isprobably only good to hang up on a wall for historic purposes. And about the Tech-in guys, I don't know maybe your right, but in my defense their stickers did say RST. They were at the Taipei show.