Quantcast

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I will come over and ask you nicely just once to control your child.

Usually that's all it takes to get some uppity mommy, or daddy who thinks he's hard core, to jump up and make a scene. Once you do that, well, I'm pretty good at getting you to take the first swing. Its gonna be the last swing you take, and its going to happen in front of your kids, but when it comes time to go to court, you were the one who aggressed a situation.

And I will, without fear of reprisal, tell your kid in very clear terms to sit down, shut the **** up, and let those around him enjoy their day. Most kids aren't really ready for some big tattooed guy screaming at them, but rest assured I don't have an issue with it.

Is it really that hard to control your offspring? My dogs are way better behaved than most people's kids I know. Mind you they do sleep in crates during the day, but they know when to go, when to stay, and when to STFU without much more than a word from me.

Somehow your mentality strikes me as that you think as a non-breeder that I should have to accept your kid acting like an asshole. Why would you think anyone would go for that?
Dammit. Sniped..

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Wow....no wonder your wife left you.

You really think you're more of a prize to be around than a screaming toddler?

I don't care if you're a ninja navy seal. I would LOVE to see you try to pull that with my wife around. You'd get the beat down of your life.

You're a real tough guy aren't ya....yelling at kids. pretty pathetic.

Usually that's all it takes to get some uppity mommy, or daddy who thinks he's hard core, to jump up and make a scene. Once you do that, well, I'm pretty good at getting you to take the first swing. Its gonna be the last swing you take, and its going to happen in front of your kids, but when it comes time to go to court, you were the one who aggressed a situation.

And I will, without fear of reprisal, tell your kid in very clear terms to sit down, shut the **** up, and let those around him enjoy their day. Most kids aren't really ready for some big tattooed guy screaming at them, but rest assured I don't have an issue with it.

Is it really that hard to control your offspring? My dogs are way better behaved than most people's kids I know. Mind you they do sleep in crates during the day, but they know when to go, when to stay, and when to STFU without much more than a word from me.

Somehow your mentality strikes me as that you think as a non-breeder that I should have to accept your kid acting like an asshole. Why would you think anyone would go for that?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Control your kids tough guy, and we'll never know.

You're my favorite sort of parent/though guy.

Like I said, I would ask you nicely.
And somehow through the years I've been around, I can predict that you or your wife would instantly get butt hurt about it.

The world does not owe you tolerance of a screaming kid. If its that hard to regulate your kids, or to take them home, then maybe you should consider giving them up for adoption....

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Control your kids tough guy, and we'll never know.

You're my favorite sort of parent/though guy.

Like I said, I would ask you nicely.
And somehow through the years I've been around, I can predict that you or your wife would instantly get butt hurt about it.

The world does not owe you tolerance of a screaming kid. If its that hard to regulate your kids, or to take them home, then maybe you should consider giving them up for adoption....
homo.

Snowflake

Monkey
Aug 10, 2009
Maryland
Fatties eating fried food with a side of fried food. Fatties eating dessert. Parents of fat kids.

Parents that smoke around their kids. People that smoke in cars with kids.

Women that wear pink suit jackets with black cropped pants, and pink crocs.

Any guy that causes the word douche to pop into my head by clothing alone. You know who I'm talking about.

People with Palin bumper stickers.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head

i have to agree with you i have two kids i am a single father with full custody of these children they are 10 and 13. since they were born i constantly told them what they needed to do or how to act, they are great!! seen and not heard, speak when spoken to, respect adults who deserve the respect. they did not like it when they were a few years younger but now they are so glad they are not lumped in with all the little losers

if we went out to eat,a party, fly on a plane we sat in the car and i told them what was expected of them and what would not be tolerated, simple take the time to teach them and problem solved

dirt you should see the look on the prissy mom and biff type dad when
i (a 6' 225lb tattoed guy) walks over to the table with my kids and say to the parents in front of my kids "thanks for showing my kids how NOT to act in public!!!"

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
It was just always instilled in us as kids as to how we were supposed to comport ourselves. There was kid time, which was the park, or on bikes, or what have you, and then there was public time.

It was never tolerated for us to act out of line as kids. Yes, I am now and have always been a deviant kid, but mine was much more so a way to challenge the system by pushing its own problems back in its face, not by kicking the back of the seat of some stranger on a plane or in a movie theater.

All I am saying is that there is a time and a place, and it seems like a lot of parents have forgotten that difference.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
It was just always instilled in us as kids as to how we were supposed to comport ourselves. There was kid time, which was the park, or on bikes, or what have you, and then there was public time.

It was never tolerated for us to act out of line as kids. Yes, I am now and have always been a deviant kid, but mine was much more so a way to challenge the system by pushing its own problems back in its face, not by kicking the back of the seat of some stranger on a plane or in a movie theater.

All I am saying is that there is a time and a place, and it seems like a lot of parents have forgotten that difference.
There are drinking ages and voting ages and ages that you can go to work. Mostly because kids lack the capacity of adults. Sure kids act up...mine included from time to time. The reality is...they really are kids. Like MMike said, not necessarily bad parenting all around. The swats to the head days are over, largely because of people that think they need to be involved in other people's child raising. It wasn't tolerated for me and my brother to act out but it still happened.

Now...on the other hand (and trust me, I've been disciplined as much as most around here) we have a public forum where you have been told to sit in your seat and shut up, so to speak, as much as anyone. When you correct your behaviors, judge others. Until then, perhaps it's time to sit and watch.

And while you say, it's just the Internet, well I say, it's just an airplane.

Tolerance is key to most things.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
If your kid is having a crappy day, or doesn't travel well, then let me give you some advice:

STAY HOME!

I am not a part of the school of tolerance. You chose (more or less) to have that kid. Please do not inflict your choices on me.

I can see how maybe my viewpoint is not tolerant, nor is it selective, but I just do not agree with people inflicting their kids on me when Snot Rag Jr. is having a crappy day.

Your choice. Stay home, deal with it.
And for god's sake, don't bring the little rug rat to horror movies...
jesus are you a self-righteous assh0le.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder

so who's the aggressor now?

Mine tends to range more towards the "If your kid runs by me screaming more than once, I will trip and/or clothesline the little bastard."

Then you get into the next set of kids who are spoiled, entitled little **** factories. I will kick those kids right in the head.

One of my friends has a daughter like that. She was getting all sassy with me until I slapped her ass up side the back of her empty skull. Not a love tap, but a straight up "If you act like this as an adult, this is how your man will slap you" sort of slap.

When I was a kid, if we were being a ****, or causing a scene, my father had a great use for his wedding ring. I would straighten right the hell up if I saw him moving it around to get a good whack.

I'm just sayin good people start from good, structured homes.
sound like you had the perfect upbringing.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA

Nobody likes a screaming kid on a plane or a movie theater. But you don't have a right to not be bothered by anyone in "public time." That's what your own private "kid time" is for. When you go out in "public" that's what you deal with- the public- in all its crappy glory.

As far as the "kids these days/parents these days" thing...yeah, maybe some parents do need a few lessons in things. But, you know what- almost NOBODY says "yeah when I was a kid, I was a little douchebag." But, and this might be a shock to your ego- almost everyone probably was at one point or another.

And maybe if your dad twisted his wedding ring a bit less you wouldn't think the solution to your problems was always found in a mixture of violence, intimidation and selfishness.

bohorec

Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Whoa, some people here are full of hatred, lol :D

You should smoke some weed, you might live longer haha.

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
im not racist... but i hate anytime a race lives up to its profiling. gangsters, white trash. asians who cant drive and can only do math, money hungry jews who complain all the time. hicks ( unless the hicks worth ethic makes up for it)

and i agree with people who have no control over their children..one of the worst :rant:

also a fan of white guys trying to act and dress in ebonics

love the strait billed hats with the stickers and tags all over them :rofl:
People who preface what they are about to say. Ie. "I'm not racist but...all jews must die." Or "I don't mean to judge but...your kids are unruly." Just be a man and embrace your inner ahole.

Oh and people who wear printed tshirts, Affliction/Ed Hardy etc.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
What's funny is that it doesn't occur to him is that his (potential) behaviour in the hypothetical situation is basically the adult version of the tantrum he's upset about in the first place.
And tattooed. Don't forget tattooed.