Quantcast

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
When do you just judge the sh!t out of someone, maybe unfairly? Good or bad.

The one I hate is to see a fat person smoking. I'm okay with fat and I'm okay with smoking, but if you do both, I think you are a disgusting glutton. Go for the bonus points and be an alcoholic too.

The one I love is people who do good things and don't need to tell everyone about it. Doing the right thing just because it's the right thing seems noble to me. (This excludes religious people, they do the right thing because they have been promised a reward.)

What bout choo?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
gonna need to think about it a bit.

i do have an issue with getting a business email that was obviously sent from someone using abreviations and contractions and sentence fragments, like they are texting me. i understand they may be on a blackberry, but in the business world, try to keep it professional.

i also have a favorite memory of fighting with and ex-girlfriend who once told me "you have no right to judge me." i replied "i have every right to judge you. you are someone i keep close to me in my life and share deep, personal thoughts and feelings with. if you act in ways that aren't trustworthy and considerate, then i need to adjust my disclosure. also, we are judged by others as 'a couple' and if your actions are those that i don't wish to be affiliated with, then i need to decide if i want to continue to be associated with you." my point wasn't that my moral-compass was the be-all/end-all, but that i get to decide who i share information and time with. i'm cool with people wanting to be Amish, but i'm not going to assoicate with them.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
If you are fat I automatically hate you. It means your are LAZY and take little to no care of your body. If you can't be trusted to take care of your own body, what can you be trusted with?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
If you have a back pannus I will judge you. (abdominal pannus == spilling over pot belly, imagine it that way)

/me saw an ankle pannus the other day and was horrified

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
a muffin top?

you mean kankles?
It was like a morbidly-obese-thigh-ankle, if you will

No, this goes way beyond a muffin top. This is more like having stash-a-chicken-leg folds and a second faux-butt in the expected location of one's back

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
Giant Gauged Ears.

I don't know why this bugs me so much but I just look and go why the f%@# would you do that to your ear? It looks ridiculous.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
people who go out into public in pajamas/sweatpants/slippers.

people who brag that they have never read a book.

adults whose children have a better command of the english language and have better manners than their parents.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Not a fan of people with crazy elaborate tattoos.....bonus points for neck tattoos.
Giant Gauged Ears.

I don't know why this bugs me so much but I just look and go why the f%@# would you do that to your ear? It looks ridiculous.
I have several friends with both. I tend to put the in a certain "box" of friends that I'm cool to hang with in certain situations. However, I do make judgements about their lifestyle. I hate to say it, but I've not seen many adults with fat bank-rolls and big hoops/plugs and tons of ink (rock stars as the exception). when i see someone with fresh ink and jewelry, but can't make the rent or pay to have their car fixed, i can't help but think "epic fail."

I particularly turned off seeing chicks with tons of ink and piercings. Though I'm not sure which I hate more, tons of ink, or just having one or two little tats. The bigger displays aren't hot, but at least you can say "well, that person obviously likes tats and they are doing what they like." i can respect the commitment. it is also easier to ignore the designs and let them all bledn together into one big patch of color, and not pick out specifics that make you wonder "wtf motivated you to get that." On the other hand, chicks who have the single rose/butterfly/dolphin on their ankle or pelvis just make me wonder wtf their motivation was. Are rose/dolphin/butterlies that important to you? Did you think you would look cool with that? Is that how you rebelled against your parents who bought you your first car, paid for your prom limo and college tuition? I think I almost hate that more.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
One that hasn't been mentioned:

Parents that have zero control over their kids.

I swear, recently I've experienced more rude little brats... and the parents just stand there like it's okay. I'm just going to assume that if you have no interest in controlling or bettering your children that you're a worthless sack of skin.

Recently was at a lake and gave some stale bread to some little kids with their parents to feed the ducks. Parents thanked us, but no thank-you from the kids. I handed some bread over and commented, "make sure you break it into pieces" whereupon one of the brats looked at me with utter contempt and said, "duh, I know that."

I shrugged it off and tossed a piece of bread that landed near a turtle, and started to walk away. The kid says, "uh, turtles don't eat bread, they eat plants."

Parents said nothing about this little turd. My dad would have had me apologizing before I was halfway through the first sentence.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I judge everyone in almost every instance.

However, I treat everyone with respect and I refuse to act upon my initial conclusions until I get to know you.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
...don't get me started on pot-heads. you wanna smoke out, fine. do it and enjoy it. but if you wanna wear pot leaf bling and go nutty on April 20th and have crazy ass water-pipes and bake tons of edibles and have pot-related personalized license plates and "legalize it" banners, then i'm going to have to punch you in the klown.

Randomshot

Monkey
Mar 12, 2009
Ft. Collins
i smoke pot. have for a very long time.. i don't advertise it except for my necklace which Ive had since before i started smoking pot and just remade whenever it gets worn out. i agree though if you need to boast about it and draw attention to yourself then you're a tool and the counterculture doesn't need that type of stupid publicity

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
I have several friends with both. I tend to put the in a certain "box" of friends that I'm cool to hang with in certain situations. However, I do make judgements about their lifestyle. I hate to say it, but I've not seen many adults with fat bank-rolls and big hoops/plugs and tons of ink (rock stars as the exception). when i see someone with fresh ink and jewelry, but can't make the rent or pay to have their car fixed, i can't help but think "epic fail."

I particularly turned off seeing chicks with tons of ink and piercings. Though I'm not sure which I hate more, tons of ink, or just having one or two little tats. The bigger displays aren't hot, but at least you can say "well, that person obviously likes tats and they are doing what they like." i can respect the commitment. it is also easier to ignore the designs and let them all bledn together into one big patch of color, and not pick out specifics that make you wonder "wtf motivated you to get that." On the other hand, chicks who have the single rose/butterfly/dolphin on their ankle or pelvis just make me wonder wtf their motivation was. Are rose/dolphin/butterlies that important to you? Did you think you would look cool with that? Is that how you rebelled against your parents who bought you your first car, paid for your prom limo and college tuition? I think I almost hate that more.
You would be surprised. A friend of mine who is sleeved up dropped out of the university of Michigan because he was getting so many job offers his freshman year. He's running a big project getting 4G stuff running right now.
I also have a friend who has neck tats and 1 1/2 inch plugs (that's pretty huge) who is a pretty successful programmer

When I see full size trucks that are lifted, especially diesels with motocross stickers on them. Dirt bike bro's piss me off, they are dumb as nails, and all look the same. They also have USELESS trucks.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You would be surprised. A friend of mine who is sleeved up dropped out of the university of Michigan because he was getting so many job offers his freshman year. He's running a big project getting 4G stuff running right now.
I also have a friend who has neck tats and 1 1/2 inch plugs (that's pretty huge) who is a pretty successful programmer
yea dude I've got a 3/4 sleeve (still a w-i-p tho) and I am doing well considering I'm only 3 years out of college. I have a lot of friends with tattoos who have professional jobs. edit: I also have my conchs pierced and stretched to an 8ga though I do take them out and put retainers in while I'm at work.

See also:

Amazon.com: INKED Inc., Tattooed Professionals (9780979486807): Dave Kimelberg: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51zEH4WMbfL.@@AMEPARAM@@51zEH4WMbfL

Randomshot

Monkey
Mar 12, 2009
Ft. Collins
im not racist... but i hate anytime a race lives up to its profiling. gangsters, white trash. asians who cant drive and can only do math, money hungry jews who complain all the time. hicks ( unless the hicks worth ethic makes up for it)

and i agree with people who have no control over their children..one of the worst :rant:

also a fan of white guys trying to act and dress in ebonics

love the strait billed hats with the stickers and tags all over them :rofl:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Not saying it can't (or shouldn't) be done. I'm just saying that it limits your options.

Randomshot

Monkey
Mar 12, 2009
Ft. Collins
ya anyone with a new mustang or full sized lifted truck with over sized tires....cant even fit on four wheeling trails...but its ok...i get it...your penis is huge :shocked:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
People who wear flip-flops or sandals in the winter piss me off. I correctly assume that these people are morons. And if you wanted to reply to my post here and say "Well gee, it isn't cold in the winter in Florida", well then you are a moron for feeling the need to point that out.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Fat people
Folks who fly the confederate flag
People with bat-**** crazy political bumper stickers
Pretty much anyone who defines themselves and wears the uniform of some stupid stereotype (juggalos, business-school-fratboy-rapist, etc)

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
people who type "lol" in the messages they write (i'm ok with using it as a reply to something funny, but don't laugh at your own jokes).

people who heat fish in the lunchroom microwave and/or bring it to their desk. you obviously don't care about stink, so i'm assuming you don't bother with soap either.

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
Doing the right thing just because it's the right thing seems noble to me. (This excludes religious people, they do the right thing because they have been promised a reward.)

What bout choo?

This is mine right here. The ones out there doing it for the promise.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Fat people
Folks who fly the confederate flag
People with bat-**** crazy political bumper stickers
Pretty much anyone who defines themselves and wears the uniform of some stupid stereotype (juggalos, business-school-fratboy-rapist, etc)
The other day I saw a huge SUV that had a bumper sticker that said "2012: End of an Error" and it parked and this gigantic fat bastard waddled his way out of the drivers seat. I mean this guy was absolutely disgusting. And he was wearing denim overalls to boot.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
People with no kids that judge other peoples' parenting skills....that amuses me.

There are plenty of bad parents and the corresponding turd little kids. However....and I know the point of this thread is to paint with a wide brush.

But I have learned the hard way that judging a little kid who is having a fit....on an airplane, or in line at a store or whatever....there may be very legitimate reasons..and even if there aren't...they are kids. The quite likley aren't always like that. So, ESPECIALLY if you don't have kids, judging parents and kids for "bad behaviour"....you just shouldn't.

One that hasn't been mentioned:

Parents that have zero control over their kids.

I swear, recently I've experienced more rude little brats... and the parents just stand there like it's okay. I'm just going to assume that if you have no interest in controlling or bettering your children that you're a worthless sack of skin.

Recently was at a lake and gave some stale bread to some little kids with their parents to feed the ducks. Parents thanked us, but no thank-you from the kids. I handed some bread over and commented, "make sure you break it into pieces" whereupon one of the brats looked at me with utter contempt and said, "duh, I know that."

I shrugged it off and tossed a piece of bread that landed near a turtle, and started to walk away. The kid says, "uh, turtles don't eat bread, they eat plants."

Parents said nothing about this little turd. My dad would have had me apologizing before I was halfway through the first sentence.