Quantcast

what movie would you remake?

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
So since there have currently been a ton of remakes out in theaters, what old movie would you like to see redone?

mine would be Fahrenheit 451

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
I just read that book...

Remakes of movies generally seem to be pretty bad. I would say make a new one.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
.:Jeenyus:. said:
I just read that book...

Remakes of movies generally seem to be pretty bad. I would say make a new one.
:stupid:

a lot of the movies re-made don't even attempt to improve on the original; they are just counting on name recognition, or mining ideas which they can't come up w/ on their own.

i'm trying to think of a decent but flawed movie which would benefit from a remake, and i'm coming up w/ blanks.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
firetoole said:
So since there have currently been a ton of remakes out in theaters, what old movie would you like to see redone?

Lol, I like that movie. (old English movie from the 50/60s) :p

It is kind of ironic that you suggested that and you're a firefighter. ;)

Enginerd A2

crappy
Feb 20, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
I haven't seen this movie, but I haven't really heard anything good about it: Catch 22. The book is fantastic, so there's no reason for the movie not to be.

Also, any Vonnegut book that's been made into a movie - I think just Breakfast of Champions.

A related movie idea (I can't take credit for this): a mockumentary take off of The Antiques Road Show.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
narlus said:
:stupid:

a lot of the movies re-made don't even attempt to improve on the original; they are just counting on name recognition, or mining ideas which they can't come up w/ on their own.

i'm trying to think of a decent but flawed movie which would benefit from a remake, and i'm coming up w/ blanks.
:stupid: :stupid:

Maybe someone can remake the last three Star Wars films... there's no way anyone can make those any worse than they already are.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
troy was horrible along with star wars episode three, the script must have been the worst one ever writn, the only thing i would keep the same is the special effects, that one guy who plays anakin can't act at all

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Enginerd A2 said:
Also, any Vonnegut book that's been made into a movie - I think just Breakfast of Champions.
_slaughterhouse 5_ was a movie but i haven't seen it.

i think that Terry Gilliam would be the right choice to direct any vonnegut-originated movie.

F.O.G

Monkey
Feb 8, 2005
Monterey, CA
firetoole said:

Before I even opened this thread, I was going to say the exact movie.
If someone like King could have a hand in making a movie like that it could be very scary. I heard a few years ago that Mel Gibson had bought the movie rights to the book but that was the last I heard.

SLAYER2003

Monkey
May 1, 2003
Bellingham, WA
The Hills Have Eyes

But it is already being remade and will be out in March!

With input from Wes Craven it is being directed by Alexandre Aja (High Tension) so it will be scary and cool.

Sorry, I am a big Horror fan and like alot of foreign and "B" Horror as well.

Second pick would be to remake AUDITION from Japanese director Takashi Miike.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I thought The Longest Yard was well done. Also Bad News Bears was funny as hell both times. I thought The Punisher was a lot better the second time, but it would have been hard to F that up worse than the first.

Most remakes suck, but it depends on the approach. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was true to the book rather than trying to improve on the original. I thought it was good in that sense.

I think it would be funnier to remake an old movie using the original cast, only old. Like Star Wars would be great! Harrison Ford's old ass running around like he's all that would be priceless!

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
"Citizen Kane"

This time I would make it in color with lot's of big budget CGI effects.

Ohhh and think of the marketing potential for "Rosebud" sleds!!!

:think:

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Enginerd A2 said:
I haven't seen this movie, but I haven't really heard anything good about it: Catch 22. The book is fantastic, so there's no reason for the movie not to be.
I recently rented the movie because I loved the book. The movie focused more on the dark side of the book and less on the comedy. It's pretty good (Bob Newhart was hilarious) but could definitely be done better. Something more along the lines of 1941 I think would great.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Ciaran said:
:stupid: :stupid:

Maybe someone can remake the last three Star Wars films... there's no way anyone can make those any worse than they already are.
I think a "do over" is in order. But I wasn't so sure about them being made in the first place, its not like we didn't know where it was going.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
1984. The movie absolutely sucked compared to the book. Lots of room for improvement.

A movie will never have to be remade because it defines perfection: Big Trouble in Little China!