Quantcast

what, no special election thread?

grundy

Chimp
Oct 18, 2004
yep, my morning got a lot better when I hopped off the bus and saw the headlines: "California says no to Schwarzenegger"

All of his initiatives failed :thumb:

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
ah yes, I had to laugh too. I did read one negative though, SF voted to ban the manufacture & sale of handguns and ammo in the city, and also made it illegal to posess one in one's home or business

I don't know how you can vote to make something a law that is illegal.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Cooter Brown said:
ah yes, I had to laugh too. I did read one negative though, SF voted to ban the manufacture & sale of handguns and ammo in the city, and also made it illegal to posess one in one's home or business

I don't know how you can vote to make something a law that is illegal.
After you vote it in, then it is challenged as being unconstitutional....

clogging up the system.

Rhino

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
grundy said:
yep, my morning got a lot better when I hopped off the bus and saw the headlines: "California says no to Schwarzenegger"

All of his initiatives failed :thumb:
He'll be back...

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I voted in our local mayoral race. I think maybe 6000 people voted. About 3500 for the winner. The next runner up was around 1000 votes behind. I was struck by 2 things. A) my vote actually counted as 1/10th of 1% of the winning margin. That is a pretty big number if you really think about it. and B) There are about 28000 people eligible to vote here, where were they?

It seems to me that unlike national politics, in local politics average Joe Citizen can actually make a difference. That's a pretty cool feeling.

By the way the winning candidate is a big bike / alternative transportation advocate which is why she got my vote.

grundy

Chimp
Oct 18, 2004
SkaredShtles said:
Gee. Would it be a giant stretch to think that a topic like this should go........

Oh, I don't know........

Maybe in..............

The Political Discussion forum? :confused: :rolleyes:
the what?

my bad, I'll go post a 'what's for lunch' thread... or maybe a 'gosh, can you believe the weather' thread :blah:

J

JRB

I was irritated by some dude calling my house every night for Proposition 2. It was a ban on gay marriage. I didn't vote in this, because I hadn't paid attention to what's what. It looks like Texas hates gay people though. I wonder why my brother moved to Miami. :think:

*Austin blew the anti-gay folks out of the water.