Quantcast

What, no Turdsday thread?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Haley's now 10 (yesterday).

Overall feeling better, but my throat is toast. I should be able to work today, but have no voice, so no talking to go with my actual working. So probably just emails and catch-up.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
trying to decide if i want to fly to dc or denver to see thom yorke/johnny greenwood new band...

most likely dc since i have presale password for that show...

basically a free flight...thanks corona virus cancellations...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, bronuts!! Ran 7 miles last night, ran 5 miles this morning. This is day 4 of 8 of all day software demos. :twitch:. Hey I wanted to insert the coffee smiley. Am I fucking blind of what?? I thought we had one.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
slow morning. taking kid to dive practice, then roll into work for a bit, then back home to take one kid to work and the other to the gym. might get fired up and switch over to teh new phone sometime today. need to choose another rental place in maine for the end of the month as the first one fell through. hrmf. still hot and humid here. wifebot's bday tomorrow...suppose i should do something about that...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
2 of the 3 cats apparently snuck out last night. had a panic attack trying to locate them this morning.
cats located. apparently they snuck out last night when my wife went out to her car for something. they were terrified because of the thunderstorms that came through. gonna have a talk with my wife, who has become increasingly absent minded.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I am here. But not there.

Drinking coffee and trying to get SQL management studio to load on a server, god damnit why does stuff not working when you need it.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
#Soon...
IMG_20220616_080503267_HDR_copy_2000x1500.jpg

Trying to decide on my post colonoscopy meal, burrito or poor boy.

Why not both?!

TMI/overshare: On the plus/minus side I'm down 4 lbs (of liquid poop) in 2 days

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
two tickets secured for smile show in dc....spare incase younger brother wants to fly in for it...day before turkey day...

wheeee....

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
kid got called out of school for COVID...she seems fine aside from a stuffy nose. I've been testing and have been consistently negative, but I have a few common cold symptoms. My wife and son very clearly had COVID-like symptoms but all tested negative via rapid antigen tests. Seems to be going around this area so I am staying home for the time being...but yeesh.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
And... Wifey is sick. Not tested positive, but has all the same symptoms and effectively zero interaction with other humans than us in the last week.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
63F in the house this morning... might make it through today.
Little aggressive with the AC last night, sir?

We start around 70F and it kicks in at 78 around 430-5 usually. Primary power usage window is 3-7, so we make it most of the way through the day. These panels can't go on fast enough.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
On my way home last night I hit a deer on the highway. Was cruising along and was actually thinking about all the deer that I have been seeing lately and how it would suck to hit one. Then boom, and I’m skidding all over the place. Barely managed to get the car to the shoulder before loosing steering. Fucking scary shit. Didn’t get injured but my beloved Honda Element is most likely totaled. Will be talking to my insurance agent this afternoon.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
kid got called out of school for COVID...she seems fine aside from a stuffy nose. I've been testing and have been consistently negative, but I have a few common cold symptoms. My wife and son very clearly had COVID-like symptoms but all tested negative via rapid antigen tests. Seems to be going around this area so I am staying home for the time being...but yeesh.
The girlfriend has been sick for almost 3 weeks now, but finally getting better. Pretty much the same symptoms as when we had teh covid back in January, though more mild.

She's done a bunch of tests and all have been negative. I lucked out (knock on wood) and didn't catch whatever she had.

On my way home last night I hit a deer on the highway. Was cruising along and was actually thinking about all the deer that I have been seeing lately and how it would suck to hit one. Then boom, and I’m skidding all over the place. Barely managed to get the car to the shoulder before loosing steering. Fucking scary shit. Didn’t get injured but my beloved Honda Element is most likely totaled. Will be talking to my insurance agent this afternoon.
That sucks, but at least only the car got damaged.

I bet that car is still worth some dollars. Those things held their value, even before the covid used car thing came around.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
that's rough. glad you're unharmed at least. RIP toasterbox. everyone i know that had an element loved it.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

HVAC folks coming today to hopefully fix my system. Got a feeling its the furnace control board, and I'm just hoping that's something they stock and not a "two weeks" sort of part.

Deer finished what the chipmunks started.

I was the flip side of that coin last night. 6-point buck standing on the side of the road decided to hop back into the woods instead of in front of me.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
#Soon...
View attachment 177803
Trying to decide on my post colonoscopy meal, burrito or poor boy.

Why not both?!

TMI/overshare: On the plus/minus side I'm down 4 lbs (of liquid poop) in 2 days
I made the mistake of looking at the instructions on that glycol - you take 14 days worth of laxative in 12 hours. :dead:

Little aggressive with the AC last night, sir?
No A/C has been harmed yet this year. 63F is just from passive cooling via fans. If we can get it down to 65F or lower, we're usually good to get through a hot day.

Only got up to 78F inside yesterday...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Boo. Poor toaster

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I made the mistake of looking at the instructions on that glycol - you take 14 days worth of laxative in 12 hours. :dead:

No A/C has been harmed yet this year. 63F is just from passive cooling via fans. If we can get it down to 65F or lower, we're usually good to get through a hot day.

Only got up to 78F inside yesterday...
I had to turn on the heat last night.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Supposedly my impossible burger has more sodium than a cup o noodles and I'm told that's bad. It's also made of crazy GMO stuff, but making plants taste like meat cat be easy, so there is that.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
My kid wound up in the hospital last weekend due to a muddy-stick-to-soft-palette incident…

Reminded me I was well overdue for this
110DE951-3C87-41EB-88CA-51166007EFBD.jpeg