Quantcast

What, no Turdsday thread?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Be it ever so humble, there is no espresso like the one made at home. If my math is correct, had a 78 hour work week. Should make for a handsome paycheck. Also, if you ever happen to find yourself in Casper, Little Shop of Burgers is amazing.

On my way home last night I hit a deer on the highway. Was cruising along and was actually thinking about all the deer that I have been seeing lately and how it would suck to hit one. Then boom, and I’m skidding all over the place. Barely managed to get the car to the shoulder before loosing steering. Fucking scary shit. Didn’t get injured but my beloved Honda Element is most likely totaled. Will be talking to my insurance agent this afternoon.
Time to go on a deer killing spree. God damned forest rats. :mad:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Been set up in a new RV park for a little more than a week now and my Starlink is partially obstructed by a ton of trees and still works like a champ.

Blew through my old moto ramp while loading the BMW into the bed of the jeep last week, sprang for a $1200 blackwidow system, buy once cry once.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
On my way home last night I hit a deer on the highway. Was cruising along and was actually thinking about all the deer that I have been seeing lately and how it would suck to hit one. Then boom, and I’m skidding all over the place. Barely managed to get the car to the shoulder before loosing steering. Fucking scary shit. Didn’t get injured but my beloved Honda Element is most likely totaled. Will be talking to my insurance agent this afternoon.
Did you at least harvest the fresh venison?:drool:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
:wave:

Be it ever so humble, there is no espresso like the one made at home. If my math is correct, had a 78 hour work week. Should make for a handsome paycheck. Also, if you ever happen to find yourself in Casper, Little Shop of Burgers is amazing.

Time to go on a deer killing spree. God damned forest rats. :mad:
An led spotting light mounted to the new gun turret seems in order. I don’t know much about firearms so what caliber of machine gun do I need for roadside deer ?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
The girlfriend has been sick for almost 3 weeks now, but finally getting better. Pretty much the same symptoms as when we had teh covid back in January, though more mild.

She's done a bunch of tests and all have been negative. I lucked out (knock on wood) and didn't catch whatever she had.

That sucks, but at least only the car got damaged.

I bet that car is still worth some dollars. Those things held their value, even before the covid used car thing came around.
yeah we're in a weird place. The youngest one has it and tested positive for it but so far has a bit of a stuffy nose. My wife is sick with a bad cough, shortness of breath, some diarrhea, some stuffiness and exhaustion, but is continuously testing negative. I am a little tired today and I have a little bit of stuffiness and a sore throat. I tested negative this morning as well as monday and thursday/friday of last week. I think I am sick and will behave like I am, but I'm frustrated that I'm in this grey zone...like, do I have it? Did I have it? Am I an asymptomatic carrier? I have no idea right now.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
yeah we're in a weird place. The youngest one has it and tested positive for it but so far has a bit of a stuffy nose. My wife is sick with a bad cough, shortness of breath, some diarrhea, some stuffiness and exhaustion, but is continuously testing negative. I am a little tired today and I have a little bit of stuffiness and a sore throat. I tested negative this morning as well as monday and thursday/friday of last week. I think I am sick and will behave like I am, but I'm frustrated that I'm in this grey zone...like, do I have it? Did I have it? Am I an asymptomatic carrier? I have no idea right now.
You gonna test positive in the next 2-3 days.

Multiple instances of failing inspections at one station, but passing at another, or failing for a certain thing at one but not another. Recommendations for unnecessary services. Seems like they struggle every year with something.
I'm guessing that it's more of an issue with older vehicles and backwoods shops. I went through that with my Bronco decades back, but that vehicle probably shouldn't have been on the roads.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
reminds me of the elk standing in the middle
of the road at the exit of a blind curve around midnight in wyoming on vacation part two last year....only mile markers were harmed....and tumble weeds...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Looks like it has cooled off to the mid-90's back home, eh? :p
It's probably hotter in the corn belt down there, but frig it's hot today. Almost as hot as Southern Florida.

How does that work, weatherman?

I'm going to go home and cut the grass. And lose a pound in sweat doing so, but no worries, I shall hydrate with beer(s).

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
That sucks! I've always contemplated getting an Element...got a CRV instead. Glad you weren't injured!

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Nah, just still winter here. I can't complain too much, it was 110 degrees this time last year.
Ooof that’s right! it was over 115F down here on the 26 and 27 of June last year. There was new snow on the top of the opposite side of the valley last week - the elevation of only 2k feet! Fire season could be crazy this year…

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Multiple instances of failing inspections at one station, but passing at another, or failing for a certain thing at one but not another. Recommendations for unnecessary services. Seems like they struggle every year with something.
In Virginia they would always fail my meticulously maintained car for one reason or another. Usually at a cost that was more bearable than trying to reschedule another appointment somewhere else. At first i started to just plant a few inexpensive items on the car for them to find like bad windshield wipers, then I just gave up on getting the car inspected. If caught there was no fine if an inspection was done within 30 days, so I woud usually end up going several years between inspections.