Quantcast

What other ______monkey would you like to see?

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
So...we all love Ridemonkey, and soon we'll all love Slopemonkey (the soon to be snowboarding and skiing site), but what other sports would you guys like to see covered.

The master plan is to build a network of these sites, so you never have to leave the monkey!

What's your vote?

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
in all seriousness i reckon a motormonkey would go down well, its something i'd really like to see, covering all kinds of vehicles/motorsports etc.
most car and motorsport forums i've tried lack a certain community feel(maybe i'm just looking in the wrong place) its maybe something the monkey could bring, i know there are plenty of car lovers on the monkey and i've always thought it would be good.
but i dunno if thats the kind of activity your looking for, plus there are a lot of car/motorsport forums floating about so i dont know if there would be a whole lot of demand for another :rolleyes: .

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
i know im probably in the minority in here...but windmonkey would be cool, aka, windsurfing, kitesurfing, etc

any sort of wind powered endeavor

i dont know how many :monkey:s out there have tried it but the best way i can describe going REALLY fast is like going through a set of moguls that are CONSTANTLY changing.

seriously if i had a choice between mad wind, and sweet dh i really would not know what to do...i'd have to toss a coin and go with it...

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
ridetoofast said:
i know im probably in the minority in here...but windmonkey would be cool, aka, windsurfing, kitesurfing, etc

any sort of wind powered endeavor

i dont know how many :monkey:s out there have tried it but the best way i can describe going REALLY fast is like going through a set of moguls that are CONSTANTLY changing.

seriously if i had a choice between mad wind, and sweet dh i really would not know what to do...i'd have to toss a coin and go with it...
why not surfmonkey?

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
didnt even think of that...guess it has to do with the wind bias, but surf monkey would be cool too!

i grew up on the gulf coast of fl so even though i think surfing is cool, it just doesnt even register on my radar cuz we rarely had any decent surf :nopity:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i think subforums on ridemonkey are a better idea... at least make logins universal over all.

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Well...the plan is to have universal logins (so Premium Memberships carry over to other sites), and have many features that are shared, but I would like to keep them somewhat separate for various reasons - mostly promotional.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Interesting idea. I think I personally would rather them be subforums so that "ridemonkey" itself stays sort of unique and different from anywhere else on the internet and stays one of the best forum sites ever. It seems that with other forums of different URLs might make ridemonkey itself more of something you'd find on a consumerreview board. I dunno, just my opinion.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
mmmmm... sexmonkey

But really, you could take ANY sport and put monkey behind it and make a forum and people would join if you got out to the public. I just really like monkeys... How about a monkeymonkey, that would be crazy! I like RideMonkey thought, there is something about the name which is amesome.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
you could do WaterMonkey for ALL water sports.

Instead of SlopeMonkey, I recommend SnowMonkey... that way, you can include x-c skiing, tele, snowshoeing.

BackCountryMonkey for hiking, backpacking, orienteering, trail running.

ChunkyMonkey for weight-loss.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
kidhwhosboredatwork monkey ;)

i cant wait to see the slopemonkey graphic scheme... are all the monkey sites going to have a similar feel but with different colors/icons?

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
manhattanprjkt83 said:
kidhwhosboredatwork monkey ;)

i cant wait to see the slopemonkey graphic scheme... are all the monkey sites going to have a similar feel but with different colors/icons?
That's the plan.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
kinkymedievalsexmonkey

leathermonkey

coffeemonkey

hotnekkidgirlsonbikesmonkey

The list goes on and on....

I think our Mr.Ridemonkey is having visions of monkey dictatorship...

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
wind&water monkey- sailing, kitboarding, surfing, scuba, boating, body surf, fishing

nature monkey- climbing, backpacking, hiking,

powder monkey or cold monkey- snowboard, ski, xc ski, snowshoe