stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dfinn said:
Without a Curse - Red Sox podcast on mysportsradio.com
NPR: Story of the day
ESPN: Radio Podcast
I gotta get setup for the NPR report of the day.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
I've also tried listening to the Digg nation guys but they really annoy me. They recently did a live podcast here in reno and the company I work for had alot to do with bringing them into town.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
macko said:
Anyone listen to these things? I find 'em pretty interesting, it's kind of nice to get audible bike-blabbering while I'm working away in the yard wishing I was elsewhere. Here's my un-biast personal view:

Gear Noise http://www.gearnoise.com
This is the first one I found. The guy that hosts it is named Urza (kinda cool) and he gives a lot of random info, some of it SoCal specific. He recently interviewed some peeps in Flagstaff, which I really dig. He also interviewed the Crank Brothers a while back and that was very interesting conversation. The podcast itself is very concise and highly edited, I wouldn't mind a little more bs'ing but whatever.

MTBcast! http://www.mtbcast.com
I don't remember this dude's name, this one comes from Georgia (I think) and is very similar to Gear Noise in that it's a bunch of random bike news. This one's got a singlespeed frame raffle going if you're interested.

I don't necessarily think one is better than the other, both guys have verry nasal voices so they sound a little funny at first, but you get used to 'em. I think they do a great job on something they provide to the mtn bike community for free. There's some podcast from the UK called Singletrack. This one is very different in that it's less edited and more explicit. Kinda sounds like these guys start drinking, turn on the microphone and just talking to eachother about biking. Those crazy brits...

The last one that I JUST found is a video podcast called Trail Tapes. The first few videos are basically helmet cams with some really bad background music. Eh. The last two actually look like a TV news show; the dude that hosts it looks like douche bag but that doesn't necessarily detract from the program (yeah it does). Seriously, this is good. They've got news, maintenance tips, and yet more helmet cam vids with bad track music. Personally I'd like to see something with the same content but hosted by, and maybe this is cliche, a more hip mountain biker. The guys they have on this are just a little too boring for me. Oh well, maybe we can come up with a RideMonkey version. My last bit of critism is that the camera man sucks. Again, I'm being harsh on a great, free resource for bikers but hey, I'm an ass. Their website is www.trailtapes.com

Anyways, just thought I would give you all the means to do less biking and more sitting in front of your computers. Have at it.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
NPR: Story of the Day, Music, All Songs Considered, 7am & 7pm news summaries, Technology, Pop Culture, Movies.

Onion Radio News
Wine for Newbies
SF Chronicle Wine of the Week

Video Podcasts:
Strong Bad Emails & More
Tiki Bar TV
Ask a Ninja

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
DamienC said:
NPR: Story of the Day, Music, All Songs Considered, 7am & 7pm news summaries, Technology, Pop Culture, Movies.

Onion Radio News
Wine for Newbies
SF Chronicle Wine of the Week

Video Podcasts:
Strong Bad Emails & More
Tiki Bar TV
Ask a Ninja
:rofl:

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
I subscribe to a podcast published by loco's mom. It's called, "Why you should NEVER drop your baby on it's head: A personal experience."

Turd Ferguson

Monkey
Dec 21, 2004
Burbank
Nobody likes onions(NLO)
Airferg.

Mostly dick and fart jokes.

Skepticality was good, but due to illness, there podcasts have died down.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
none...i'd like some bike related ones to come around...ahem...Transcend....cough...

but not so much people just talking about riding, more about the technology (like a dw/patineto/marshall podcast), or wrenching...perhaps even some insight into the marketing.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
the Inbred said:
none...i'd like some bike related ones to come around...ahem...Transcend....cough...

but not so much people just talking about riding, more about the technology (like a dw/patineto/marshall podcast), or wrenching...perhaps even some insight into the marketing.
Sorry! Way too much work came up over the winter. I may do some from the races this year. My ipod mini won't record however, so i will need to use a tape recorder or some crap and then digitize it. (I don't own a tape recorder anymore).

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
Well, now that I have a commute every day I am listening to podcasts again. What do yall recommend? I have already listened to the entirety of the Inside Line from Vital. Love that. Been digging the Downtime podcast as well as the pinkbike podcast.

I listened to Startalk for a bit but Neil DeGrasse Tysons self-absorption is a total turnoff. I used to listen to Last Podcast on the left but those guys are pretty annoying to me now. Stuff You Should Know is pretty good, even if it is a bit basic, gives me good google search topics, haha.

anywho! what's everyone listening to these days?!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Well, now that I have a commute every day I am listening to podcasts again. What do yall recommend? I have already listened to the entirety of the Inside Line from Vital. Love that. Been digging the Downtime podcast as well as the pinkbike podcast.

I listened to Startalk for a bit but Neil DeGrasse Tysons self-absorption is a total turnoff. I used to listen to Last Podcast on the left but those guys are pretty annoying to me now. Stuff You Should Know is pretty good, even if it is a bit basic, gives me good google search topics, haha.

anywho! what's everyone listening to these days?!
If you're looking for bike content, I sometimes listen to hkt (hook it) and bikes and big ideas ( from blister).

Vital is probably my fav podcast for bike content, followed by downtime.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Last edited:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
The good thing about this thread is that I had no idea I was listening to POD casts back in 06. Now I do....

Katz

Monkey
Jun 8, 2012
Arizona
Moving the Needle (Andrew Neethling), my 2nd fav MTB podcast behind Vital. Recent episode with Dean Lucas was excellent, and he just did a 2-part episode with Vories.

Past Gas is pretty good if you're into automotive history.