Quantcast

What rim! 26" for rears 27.5 front

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Going to be lacing some new rear hoops for the bikes as well as a back up..so I'm looking for. 26" hoops 32hole...

I'd like some 26s and 27.5 DT SWISS

I have a ex511new sitting here but would like something lighter than an 823 or 729...

I have a fr1950 wheelset and a fr570 front hoop on other bike...
I also have a set of yt2020 DT swiss 240 hubs and appears to be either a 570 or 600 rim but they are THRASHED...so I need replacebts

What DT rims are light and somewhat durable ...

Looking for 26" and 27.5" ex471,ex511, 560 570 fr600

Not sure if anyone has some let me know as well...I need to get a set, I have wheels I want backups...

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I have a pile of Stans Flow EX rims laying around. Been thinking about getting an XT hub and lacing one up to throw in the Shred Dogg and give this mullet thing a go. If you think a Flow EX would work, lemme know!

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I have a pile of Stans Flow EX rims laying around. Been thinking about getting an XT hub and lacing one up to throw in the Shred Dogg and give this mullet thing a go. If you think a Flow EX would work, lemme know!
Yeah they would I've rocked em before ...went through a few but then again that's about every rim now ...
Messaged you
What size rear hub you use...

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Have got a pair of WTB I25's tucked away for replacement rear duty if I ever kill the DT FR600 on there now. The I25 up front is pretty solid, has lasted longer than the last FR600.

If I had to do new rims, probably the Spanks. I have been happy with the 350 VC on the trailbike.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I hated the rim beds in spanks when I tried them for tubeless. I think I'd give up biking before I tried an insert in one if they still have that wavy design.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
@bullcrew do you trash 471s too fast or do you want something a bit wider?
I just saw those pop up when searching..
I haven't ridden those (I want too) but I think if I rode light and got ontop of stuff I'd be good like a race run...from what I gather it seems to have a good profile and takes hits very well..I want to try those I keep seeing them mentioned...so yeah who knows profile might be good with a bit wider tire and a smidge more psi and take one hell of a hit...the guys who have been riding WC on em I know hammer down

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I just saw those pop up when searching..
I haven't ridden those (I want too) but I think if I rode light and got ontop of stuff I'd be good like a race run...from what I gather it seems to have a good profile and takes hits very well..I want to try those I keep seeing them mentioned...so yeah who knows profile might be good with a bit wider tire and a smidge more psi and take one hell of a hit...the guys who have been riding WC on em I know hammer down
i'm only 165# and run them on my do-it-all nomad, not a dh bike, with 2.5 minions with doubledown, but i'm a hack and i smash them through whatever's in my way and they've always held up great. only wish they were maybe 30mm internal, which would square up the tire profile a touch, since it's hard to find anything other than the WT version of dhfs anymore.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
i'm only 165# and run them on my do-it-all nomad, not a dh bike, with 2.5 minions with doubledown, but i'm a hack and i smash them through whatever's in my way and they've always held up great. only wish they were maybe 30mm internal, which would square up the tire profile a touch, since it's hard to find anything other than the WT version of dhfs anymore.
Yeah wider would be good but proven runs and tires holding at crazy berms and rocks of the guys killing it tells me that it has to have a pretty damn good design.....I saw them and then searched after seeing what they are doing I am curious for sure.....I added them to the original post...

I'd rock em no question....

So much has changed yet another avenue I need to search and read to get caught up to speed....don't mind digging around ...but now I wish I hadn't givin away 6 pair of 26" hoops lol just 2 months ago...

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I hated the rim beds in spanks when I tried them for tubeless. I think I'd give up biking before I tried an insert in one if they still have that wavy design.
They are even a bit of a ball ache to tape. I used two winds of kapton. Been holding great, even though a few changes. I like that stuff.

And yea, the thought of trying to get a cush-core or similar in there :eek: :panic: :crazy:

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne
Bull.

Fr560 rear
Hx581 front

A 570 is old and 27mm or so
A 560 is the newer version and is 30mm
The FR rims use eyelets
DRW_FR560_WEB_SHO_001.png
DRW_EX511_WEB_SHO_001.png
Compare to the ex enduro rim
Similar profile thinner beads
Uses PHR washers which... I like better than eyelets, and has a different spoke bed as a result

The ex471 is narrower version of the 511 and would be ok if you want to run a cush core.
DRW_EX471_WEB_SHO_001.png

Imo ex511 front and rear if your going to run cush core.
But 511 on both ends would be good too.

No cc? Fr560 rear, ex511 front

Or hx581 front, it's like a 511 but 35 internal....
DRW_HX581_WEB_SHO_001.png

Or ex511 with cush core on the rear and HX581 front for the party mullet.

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
The I25 up front is pretty solid, has lasted longer than the last FR600.
Wow, I am not hard on rims but the I25 did not last long for me on the rear of an enduro bike. So I should avoid the FR600 at all costs.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Bull.

Fr560 rear
Hx581 front

A 570 is old and 27mm or so
A 560 is the newer version and is 30mm
The FR rims use eyelets
View attachment 161141
View attachment 161142
Compare to the ex enduro rim
Similar profile thinner beads
Uses PHR washers which... I like better than eyelets, and has a different spoke bed as a result

The ex471 is narrower version of the 511 and would be ok if you want to run a cush core.
View attachment 161143

Imo ex511 front and rear if your going to run cush core.
But 511 on both ends would be good too.

No cc? Fr560 rear, ex511 front

Or hx581 front, it's like a 511 but 35 internal....
View attachment 161144

Or ex511 with cush core on the rear and HX581 front for the party mullet.
Going to get a handle on this and look at these...this helps alot....ALOT...thanks

I have a older 511 here I'm going to get the stans laced to the yt2020 set up and break down the other 3 wheelset down on rears mainly....going to look at these close as well and anything the procore will work with and give me a good wheel profile works....

Right now I have a ex570 27.5 front on one, the other is a fr1950 27.5..

I have a backup 1950 hoop off the rear of the ex1950 wheelset that I'll lace a 26 to the rear hub...

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Have you considered cush core may be a better solution foar smash rimz syndromez than procoarz?
Schwalbe has been good to me and I got a good deal aside of them...so figured I'd give it a shot.
I'm definitely open to trying and learning about different ones for sure...always down to buy and try stuff...figure dip a toe on this and see hopefully there isn't short comings and if there is them onto the next one to try....

Going to get wheels built and possibly set up another set with cushcore rear...going to do rears first on em...since that's my weak link.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Spank race 33 26 has been great for me.

I am no master wheel builder but they were easy to get straight.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Going to get a truing stand and build my wheels....buddy charges $60 plus spokes and nips...so it's around $90
X4 or more wheels....I can buy a stand I can already true most of my wheels (done enough of em on and off trail..it's the last thing I'm not super fluent at but can be)....

Cleaned up my area and it's strictly bike now
20210610_175235.jpg
20210610_175310.jpg
20210610_175248.jpg