Quantcast

What roof mount bike rack???

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i've run yakima king cobras (now called high roads) for years with heavy endoro and dh bikes with zero issues. you can also get oneup trays for roof racks.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Well for $280 I ended up with this
Thule 594xt trays
Thule bars and side mounts . Got rid racks and all hard ware $140 and 2 trays for $140...set it up and it seems solid ..guy has a 2" hitch system for my car it was a limited amount with 2" hitch made and only a limited rum for the car...he will do it $150...them I can run a hitch mount

20211105_224409.jpg

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
How are Thule ones that strap back wheel and drop clamp front
Thule Upride?

I have one and I like it. It's easy to adjust it for different wheel sizes and hold the bike quite well without touching the frame.

I find it is a bit of a PITA to install, so I put it on at the beginning of the biking season and take if off just before the snow arrives. When you want to store it, it's preferable not to just throw it in the shed, as I think there is a risk of loosing the clamps. When I store the rack, I always close the clamps on foam tubes to make sure I don't loose them. Maybe it's overkill to do so, but I'd hate to have to seach for one of these clamps just before a ride.

Basically, it's not perfect, but I'd still buy it again as a complement to my Thule T2 hitch rack.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Lmao....there is a crap ton of room in a Prius the back if you take front wheel off drop rear seats 2 bikes go in...
Has more room than my Tacoma or wife's honda..

This is a no shit thing...myself includes get irritated with some Prius owners ..so not the first time but had a guy who was driving like an asshole follow me into a store parking lot....parked behind Prius after yelling a bunch now mind you 1 I was in slow lane chilling out, 2 he got behind me.

I let him rant a bunch them decided to get out of car and see why he was excited...never found out why he was so uppity he took off...

But I did get my groceries and didn't really care about his BS ..LOL

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
How do you even fit in a Prius??
The secret is in the exhale and cooking oil used....with the right flow I can slide in like a snail in a shell....it's rather majestic like a discovery channel cool..lol

In all reality if the seat is back I literally fall in and have to move it forward....it's like a magic hat... All sorts of shit will fit all up in it...lol