Quantcast

What rubber shall I run????

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
Yes, an actual bike related post in the lounge, don't faint :nuts:

So I am in the process of building an urban/DJ bike and I need to decide on a tire combo that'll be dreamy :love: . Here's the deal, this bike will mainly be for urban but will see time in the dirt both on jumps and occasionally on the trail. I will also ride it a lot on the NS stuff in my woods so I'll need tires that'll grab good on ladder bridges, skinnies, log rides, etc. Back tire will have to be a 24"

Right now I am leaning towards running Holy Rollers back and front but I am not sure if I'll be wishing I had run a more aggresive tire up front for when I do hit the trails. I am pretty set on the back being a Holy Roller but what'd ya'll think as far as the front goes??

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
kujo dh up front. thats what im running and i love it. rails like a mofo and just leads the bike through everything

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
biggins said:
kujo dh up front. thats what im running and i love it. rails like a mofo and just leads the bike through everything
I was gunna say, Kujos are good for all that, just as long as ITS DRY. Those things are Heinous in the wet.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
BurlyShirley said:
I was gunna say, Kujos are good for all that, just as long as ITS DRY. Those things are Heinous in the wet.

wow, shirley actually agreed with something i said. sure you dont wanna rescind that statement while you have the chance? :)

yeah they arent the best mud tire but if one is jumping and riding stunts its most likely gonna be pretty dry.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
zod said:
I've been CENSORED!!

My God! What about the FIRST AMENDMENT? What about my freakin' RIGHTS?!

Some may see this as a small act, but I believe it is chipping away at the very freedom that made this country great.

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
binary visions said:
I've been CENSORED!!

Some may see this as a small act, but I believe it is chipping away at the very freedom that made this country great.
Welcome to Amerika sucker :nopity: :)

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
stoney98 said:
^^ don't you want the better tire in the front?
when riding urban you want a very fast rolling tire in back. Ive run hookworms for a while, but the nice thing about holy rollers is that they roll as fast as a hook yet hook up in dirt well. A hook up front is a nono, you'll be sliding to the street once its the slightest bit damp. As for holy rollers if you want to you can run em f+b, theyve got enough up front to hook up when urban riding or dirt jumping, however if youre going to venture out onto trails then a mobster/holy combo would suit you best

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
binary visions said:
I've been CENSORED!!

You should be censored more often, IMNSHO. Why don't you leave the board and allow the rest of us to civilly discuss bikes? :D

-S.S.-

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
You should be censored more often, IMNSHO. Why don't you leave the board and allow the rest of us to civilly discuss bikes? :D

-S.S.-
Oddly enough, BV was one of, ok the only one, that came close to being civil to me in my time of need. Back off yo. :eviltongu

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
binary visions said:
I've been CENSORED!!

Did you make the obligatory condom joke?

Steven

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
North carolina
Get a pair of Maxxis Max Daddies, best 24'' tire I've had. They BMX tires and you can get them at Dans Comp for like 12 dollars, good in almost all conditions.

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
I think I have decided after way too much time looking at tires......

I am gonna run the 24" Holy Roller in the back and the single-ply 60a Hansventure in the front....

Should give me a good tire combo for urban, north shore, dj, and occasional trail :thumb:

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
I have a friend who runs an arrow and I know it's good, I really wanna try out a holy-roller as non of my posse has tried them yet.........you know, the excitement of the unknown and all that jazz......