Quantcast

What;s up with all of this rain

Will_Jekyll

CUSTOM Chimp
Aug 10, 2001
Superior,CO
I know I shouldn't complain about it but it makes riding after work a little harder than it already is. I thought Denver was supposed to be a semi arid climate the natives at work are telling me this is what a normal Colorado year is like.

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
As much as the rain sucks for trying to plan after work riding, I'll still take it. Living in the foothills, where fire danger allways is a threat to destroying my home, and drought bottoms out my water well at times, rain is a welcome thing.

5cents

Chimp
Mar 30, 2003
in the 303/720
Will_Jekyll said:
I know I shouldn't complain about it but it makes riding after work a little harder than it already is. I thought Denver was supposed to be a semi arid climate the natives at work are telling me this is what a normal Colorado year is like.
Yeah it's true, "normal" front range weather in the summer means rain, hail, etc. The past years, have been odd, with the dry, desert type heat and lack of precip. But as a kid this what it was like, play in the morning, watch the rain in the afternoon.

You can still ride, just a little wet and muddy.

Riding the ridge tonight, now that usually stays dry.

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
flatulant_man said:
the dirt jumps here in Boulder have been wet for about two weeks straight. takes work to make jumps rideable. i guess it's better than snow, though
i have been djing at gunbarrel at least 5x the last two weeks. bucket all the water out and jump the next day.

flatulant_man

Monkey
Jun 19, 2004
Food Fondlers' Convention
dream4est said:
i have been djing at gunbarrel at least 5x the last two weeks. bucket all the water out and jump the next day.
i was there recently, and it was incredibly muddy. tried to bail it out, but all we ended up doing was start digging a hole in the runnup, so we put the mud back and gave up :dancing:

big boy

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
boulder CO.
It wasnt too muddy to ride when we were there Henry. Main street was just a little soggy. plus, It has been great lately. I was out there today and the inside line was a lot of fun. have you found your bike yet mark?

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
no luck on the bike rudy. i have a 03 p1 thats a friends (he is probably going to sell it to me) but its rear hayes mech only and im getting used to jumping with basically a bmx brake setup (mushy rear only). i checked all the bike shops and no sign of it yet. i ride around boulder in hopes of spotting it but no luck yet.