Quantcast

What shock is best for Glory dh bike?

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
What is the fastest color bike? Oooh oo, my votes goes to lagoon blue.
Lagoon sounds slow to me... Something like: Lightning Blue though, that sounds fast.

Ahh and I apologize, to answer your question: I may be a bit bias on it, but in my opinion, the DHX or a Rockshox vivid would be the best options for the long travel maestro system. Got a buddy who has a Reign with a vivid on it, and it is great feeling.

Last edited:

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Lagoon sounds slow to me... Something like: Lightning Blue though, that sounds fast.

Ahh and I apologize, to answer your question: I may be a bit bias on it, but in my opinion, the DHX or a Rockshox vivid would be the best options for the long travel maestro system. Got a buddy who has a Reign with a vivid on it, and it is great feeling.
Just curious, how does your friend have Vivid on a Reign when they don't make the Vivid in 7.875 x 2.25? At least they didn't make that size last year when i ordered mine...

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Well, RS site there is no Vivid 7.875 x 2.25", but maybe the guy managed to get some OEM shock?
Colombian DHer, it depends on you preferences... many people are happy with air shocks, like Pushed DHX Air or stock Manitou Evolver 6. But if you are racer, you will probably stick to DHX 5.0 Coil, Vivd 5.1, both with Ti springs. I don't know if anyone tried CCDB or Revox.
Be aware, that aftermarket shocks may work differently than OEM shocks. Factory compression level may be different, etc.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Will be running a Manitou Revox and a Evolver Air on my Glory for 09. I do think there are better shocks out there to run on the Glory after running a DHX 5.0 on mine in 07. Jason Memmelaar ran a Cane Creek DB out West the first 2 South Ridge races and says its crazy how it feels on the Glory. He now is running the Revox and is working on the Setup.

My thoughts are get a RS Vivid B tune, Manitou Revox, or Cane Creek DB for it. You want some thing with a little more Mid Tune to it over the DHX. That is what was lacking to me when running the DHX on the Glory.

Good luck...
Cecil:cheers:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
which one works best!? dont be such a****
Seriously? He answers your question and you insult him?

These days, suspension has progressed to the point that generally, any of the high end shocks will give you excellent performance - ***provided you have the right spring weight and setup the damping correctly for your own personal weight and riding style***. I cannot stress that enough. Most people I know who have complained about X bike with Y shock have poor handling or suspension DO NOT have the shock setup or even the proper spring weight. Yes, some shocks tends to perform better on certain frames. But some frames also need a specific tune for the suspension (The IH Sunday comes to mind).

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Well, RS site there is no Vivid 7.875 x 2.25", but maybe the guy managed to get some OEM shock?
Colombian DHer, it depends on you preferences... many people are happy with air shocks, like Pushed DHX Air or stock Manitou Evolver 6. But if you are racer, you will probably stick to DHX 5.0 Coil, Vivd 5.1, both with Ti springs. I don't know if anyone tried CCDB or Revox.
Be aware, that aftermarket shocks may work differently than OEM shocks. Factory compression level may be different, etc.
I told you that push doesn't do DHX airs ;) Well at least when I asked them. Go mojo! ;)

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
You're co annoying, Norbar :P Always knows better :P
DHX AIr can be tuned at MotoPitkan.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2005
Manizales, COLOMBIA
Seriously? He answers your question and you insult him?

These days, suspension has progressed to the point that generally, any of the high end shocks will give you excellent performance - ***provided you have the right spring weight and setup the damping correctly for your own personal weight and riding style***. I cannot stress that enough. Most people I know who have complained about X bike with Y shock have poor handling or suspension DO NOT have the shock setup or even the proper spring weight. Yes, some shocks tends to perform better on certain frames. But some frames also need a specific tune for the suspension (The IH Sunday comes to mind).

he first answered the color part, later he edited his answer!
thanks by the way to all!!!
Its just I´ve been a v10 owner for a while now and i hate it with a DHX 5.0, so a friend of mine got a glory and i wanted to know you guys opinion for his bike! thanks again.

Last edited: