Quantcast

what should i ask for?

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
ok...

i guess im getting older, becasue this is pretty much the first year that i have not had a christmas list written out the week before halloween.

this being december 5th, i am still christmas listless.

let me tell you a little bit about myself to give you an idea of soemthing i would appreciate.
i am a 17 year old who lives in san francisco california.
i obviously ride mountain bikes,
i enjoy technology but am not super crazy about it (Ie i dont want or a need an xbox 360 (but a camera would be cool i guess))
i like music

really besides a subscription to Decline magazine and a few cds i have no "big" present to ask for.

i know this is extremeley lame but i am at a loss.

Help :help:

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
You probably need another bike. What kind of bike do you have? Maybe you need a downhill bike or a street/jump hardtail. Or even a frame to build up.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
easy... ipod nano?? $ gift cert to Itunes??, sneakers?/ jeans , shoes? bike accesories?? repair stand? wash kit? new gloves? pedal wrench. think of something that would be cool to have, but that you really dont want to spend money on... a g/f???:rolleyes:

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
well thanks guys, sorry if it was awkward... (lame attempt at trying to create an E-conversation, sorry im not as savvy as the next guy, but hell, at least i tried)

any way, i bought battle field 2 today just to find out that my 4.5 year old computer is finally to slow for modern computer games... so new compy it is i guess.

thanks for the ideas...

i guess ill go back to lurking

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i say hold off on the computer until you graduate, so you'll have a new one going into college. unless you desperately need one.

for now...i gotta say, a digital is mighty fun. or bike tools.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Well I get shafted from some aspects as my birthday is christmas eve........so I buy myself things throughout the year and come this time of year I have nothing for anyone to get me. So far I've come up with a Wetsuit, chainring, bashguard, video game gift certificate, and shoes. I know not exciting at all LOL

But on the upside I can get 1 expensive gift for both days (so say mom and dad want to get me a wetsuit that's $300 so that becomes a multi-day present). Plus I still got stuff from my girlfriend and her family. So it works out in that sense but it's hard to convice people to get you a expensive gift for both days. I've always liked it because as a child I got the video game system when others didn't, or got more "stuff" just due to having things so close.

But I could see shoes, shirts, gift certificates for food or items, clothing accessories, magizine subscriptions, a night out to have fun somewhere, maybe a trip you wanted to take (well atleast money towards it), mp3 players, guns, cars, rims, I dunno........the list is kind of endless.

As much as I hate giving gift certificates I know that they are becoming the wave of the future. Either that or as my dad does, just gives me money so I can "buy whatever I want" since he sucks at gift giving. No point in getting someone something they won't like or use or appricate. I know Christmas time is about giving but to a point......like one guy can only have so many socks or underware...you know what I mean?

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
hooples3 said:
think of something that would be cool to have, but that you really dont want to spend money on...

a g/f???
BWA HA ha ha ha ha

I think most guys think like that....why is that?
you never hear any woman complaining about how much her man is costing her, unless he wrecks a car while drunk driving and making out with her sister...

aggrorider

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
mtnbrider said:
You probably need another bike. What kind of bike do you have? Maybe you need a downhill bike or a street/jump hardtail. Or even a frame to build up.
Really? a DH bike or a FR bike or a Dj bike. Not a XC bike a road bike or something of that matter. Some people are into that kind of stuff you know.;)

--Just messin' with you

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
I asked for an Ipod Nano, a new helmet, and weekends in the mountains.

Try asking for a few weekends to wherever you like to go?

edit: on second thought, you probably have a licence so the weekend thing would be useless. But it works for me, i do not have a licence