what should i do today?

post-work exercise for today

• Total voters

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
it's really nice out; should i blow off spin class and go running, or do the spin class?

will be riding tomorrow, so that's not an option.

J

JRB

I would run outside. I am going to hit tennis balls if the courts are dry.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
id sit on my ass and flip threw the tv channels instead of running, and geese spin class are you kidding me way to boring.

i say ride two days in a row that just a win win situation.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
jacksonpt said:
werd! :stupid:

Being outside is always better than being inside. Run on the trail if possible.
actually, that's a good point. there's a trail not too far from work, so i can run straight to it.

the eye candy was pretty solid in the winter months, but it's been patchy at best for the last month or two.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
However, if you are too wimpy to keep drinking, I vote spin class.

Because if your spin classes are anything like spin class around here, the scenery is definately worth the time when you can't hit the dirt.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
narlus said:
actually, that's a good point. there's a trail not too far from work, so i can run straight to it.

the eye candy was pretty solid in the winter months, but it's been patchy at best for the last month or two.
eye candy covered:

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
narlus said:
in terms of time consumption.

when you've got a family, it's a constraint you deal w/ .
this makes 0 sense to me. You have time for a run or for spin class but you don't have time to ride your bike outside because that's what you will be doing tomorrow. I must be missing something.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
dfinn said:
this makes 0 sense to me. You have time for a run or for spin class but you don't have time to ride your bike outside because that's what you will be doing tomorrow. I must be missing something.
it's all about time management.

i can do a 50 minute spin class (it's at work, so there's zero time involved getting there), or run (either from work, or home; again, zero time involved in starting said activity). plus, if i run it's usually a lot less than i'd ride for. tomorrow's ride (not including driving to/from the trailhead) will probably be close to two hours.

make sense now?

but anyway, i ended up killing more time than i'd planned on...i decided to drive home and run there, since i wouldn't be driving all sweaty, but got stuck in some traffic, and it took about 15 minutes longer than normal (~60% longer). then, i decided to run for a lot longer than normal (almost 70 minutes).

so that's that.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I have been running a few times a week now.

It hurts.

Dammit.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
dfinn said:
Get married & have kids, then it will ALL make sense.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
Brian HCM#1 said:
Get married & have kids, then it will ALL make sense.
Even once the old lady has some pups I still think I will choose a shorter bike ride over running.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
dfinn said:
Even once the old lady has some pups I still think I will choose a shorter bike ride over running.
Maybe with a road bike, but not MTB'n. It takes a lot of extra time to load up get to the trail unload get ready, ride, load back up and get home. Trust me it's not as easy as you think. I thought things would be different too before kids.

Boy was I ever wrong.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Brian HCM#1 said:
Trust me it's not as easy as you think. I thought things would be different too before kids.
Boy was I ever wrong.
Try getting a ride in when your kid hates bikes and your wife has a back injury that prevents her from trail riding.

Sigh.

I took up running to get in the cardio workout that I can't easily attain during the week. It's helping.

I live 1 block away from my kids school, the track is open in the evening.

:thumb: