Quantcast

What should I do?

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
I'm currently trying to decide what I want for christmas. Right now it's between a few things...none of which I absolutely 'need'...figured enough people here boarded/are smart enough to give me some help. :D Plus I figure it lightens up all the anger that's been around here lately. :evil:

02 Monster T-$325 on Ridemonkey. Had a monster T in the past and would like to have one before they get phased out but don't need it despite how much I want it.

05 Ride Decade-$399 at the local shop. Would probably put my current Ride bindings onto it or buy some new ones.

05 Burton Baron-$599 at the local shop. Would have to get a bigass 168 or 172 to hit up backcountry/powder and keep my current 160 Ride Fleetwood for everything else.

The Burton is going to cost an arm and a leg and I doubt that my parents would let me get it. I haven't really heard too much about the Ride though, but I love Ride boards and have had my Fleetwood the past few seasons but want something a bit bigger. If possible I'm going to grab another set of bindings for it (Burton Missions or Ride EX) so that I can have two functional boards and one be my nice-pow-backcountry-hiking board, and the other be my pretty nice-spring-earlyseason-park board.

And as far as the bindings go I'm intrigued at the toe-bindings on most of the 05 Burtons and am wondering if anybody really thinks of them as highly as they seem. I'm currently on some 03 Ride LXs and love them. I'll probably stick with Rides because of their comfort as well as the metal base which I think is a lot stiffer then Burtons (IMO) so I'm not really sure what to do there either. Any suggestions on what to do or any information would be appreciated. Thanks.
Tony

J

JRB

I vote for the Monster T since it is a bike part and this is not the winter sports forum.;) If I snowboarded, it would be a hard choice for me to make.