Quantcast

What should I do?

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Ok well here's the deal, I gave my Creative Zen Nomad (mp3 player) back to Microbytes on the 4th of Jan to have it warrentied. I hd bought their microplan which was an extra 50$ for 2 years of warrenty.
Anyways, when I took it to them the guy told me it would take at most 2 days for them to place it, and they would call me..., 3 days go by so i give them a call. They tell me it will take 3 weeks cause it has to be sent back to Creative. So I agree to it. So 3 weeks later still no call so I call them. They tell me to call them back the next day and they will tell me whats happening. So I did and they told me they still had no answer for me. This has been going on since Monday.
I just called them 6 times today, each time telling me to call back. I'm losing my patience, what should I do? I've been without portable music for almost 4 weeks :mad: going carzy :drool:

Jul 28, 2003
Eat, ME
Put on your USPS uniform(not the bike kit) and go in there with a crazed look on your face and muttering how if you don't get some toons real quick-like......Well, you won't be responsible for the aftermath.

The Cheese

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I'm assuming Mircrobytes is a store? Have you talked to anyone who matters, a manager or someone higher up than an clerk? Explain to them what's going on... be nice, explain that you understand that things can take time to be warrentied, but you expect to be kept informed about that status of your player. The first time you speak with the manager, be polite and patient - often times they don't even know there's a problem.

At this point, only ask for information... just to be kept in the loop. Once you know what's going on (or more importantly, that the store knows there's an issue), you can start asking for your player back, a replacement off the shelf, store credit, whatever you think is fair.

If you have already talked to a manager and are still making no headway, try calling creative yourself. Explain your situation and see if it gets you anywhere. Worst case scenario is they can't help you and you're out 30 minutes of your time.

If you need to get pushy, talk to a store manager (perferably the customer service manager or whoever would be handling your player's repair/replacement). Have them make whatever calls are necessary to get the status of your player while you are standing there. At least that way you know they are making an effort. Then go from there.

If the issue is with creative, you might be stuck. Have you done some googling to see if Creative has customer service issues (problems/complaints/whatever), or are they pretty reputable?

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
jacksonpt said:
If you need to get pushy, talk to a store manager (perferably the customer service manager or whoever would be handling your player's repair/replacement). Have them make whatever calls are necessary to get the status of your player while you are standing there. At least that way you know they are making an effort. Then go from there.
Dammit, Jackson, we were having good fun w/the kid's problem, and you gotta come in w/all this good advice.

But he's right: GO TO THE STORE. Talk to someone w/a brain and/or some authority. If they don't offer up an acceptable solution right away (a unit off the shelf, or "your unit is in the mail and here's the tracking #"), let them know you're unhappy. In my opinion, you shouldn't leave that store w/out a brand new unit, if only for their dipsh!titude.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Well they told me to call back in a few hours. That was before this thread started so, I'll give them one more chance after that. I;m going to talk to the manager.

splat

Nam I am
Is the Warrenty plan through Creative or the Store ?

If it is though creative , well you may be at there mercy , if it is through the Store , just keep going up the chian of command, and be polite , but keepm asking the question of them "what are you going to do about it ? " and if they don't have an answear just go up to the next level of command . and if they say there is nothing they can do , ask them to talk to some one who can do something , and have them Bring you to them or Make them wait till that person arrives. a lot of times an underling does not like to look out of control in front of his boss.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Fathead said:
Dammit, Jackson, we were having good fun w/the kid's problem, and you gotta come in w/all this good advice.
hehe... I know. I was going to play along, but I've been in his shoes before (over a $5 vbrake arm too!), and that kind of stuff really pisses me off

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
dont listen to those pansy’s, get drunk, swear a lot and be sure to ware Eli button downs and wrangler jeans. If you can put a plug of Copenhagen chew in your lip and let a little drip out while you’re yelling at the counter clerk thats a bonus.
You’ll get the fastest response if you use the words ‘shotgun’, ‘pump action’ and ‘double barrel’ in between swear words.
And demand that a naked big boobied chic with a six pack under one arm personally deliver your new player that night, ask for Texas Pride beer (Lone Star beer off brand.)

I wish you luck.

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
The Toninator said:
And demand that a naked big boobied chic with a six pack under one arm personally deliver your new player that night, ask for Texas Pride beer (Lone Star beer off brand.)
1. I think you just figured out what kinda "added value" one could offer to outsell all these damned chain electronic stores.

2. The very thought of Lone Star having an "off" brand is unnerving. BTW, LS and LSL are $11.99/24 at Kroger this week!!! YEEHAW!!!

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
I got an answer from them, basically they said creative still hasn;t decided on what to do, once they do it'll be most likely another week for them to mail the store a new player. Seems like crap talk to me and I shouldn;t have to wait so long. One thing is for sure I;m never buying anything from Microbytes again and deffinently not Creative.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Well, if going to the store with a big 'ole wad of chew isn't your thing, :p I would probably go find my warranty and read it to see what it says. If it says they have 30 days to repair or replace, (or whatever the terms may say), call them, quote the warranty and ask them where the **** your .mp3 player is.

J

JRB

Send them an email. They'll be laughing so hard at your composition skills, someone will certainly take care of you for making their day. You make me smile so often. :thumb: