Quantcast

what should we have for dinner?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
do you have a deep fryer or just use a pan? cleanup always sucks. i don't do much if any deep-frying. cooking sausages is probably messiest it gets with me.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
narlus said:
do you have a deep fryer or just use a pan? cleanup always sucks. i don't do much if any deep-frying. cooking sausages is probably messiest it gets with me.
Easy clean way to cook sausages on the stove.... Heat the skillet, add 1/2 a cup of water, put the sausages in for 2 minutes covered (beer will work here for brauts). When the water boils off add a tablespoon of butter or bacon grease and finish them off covered. If you add vegies the sausages will be finished when the onions are opaque or limp. Very little mess. Most folks cook the crap out of Sausages when you really don't need to.....jdcamb

J

JRB

jdcamb said:
The problem with this post is we don't get to find out what he finally ended up eating...... :confused:
Oh, so now you need closure. I remember me getting s**t because I complained about people not telling us what happened. I gave up. I see pnj sewed it up though.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
narlus said:

was that question for me? I'm guessing it was, in reference to the falafel....

we've never done it before, but we don't have a deep frier so a pan with a small amount of oil would be fine. or, I heard if you add a tad more oil to the mix, you can bake them.

we have a splatter mesh guard thing but it still makes a mess.... :mumble:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
jdcamb said:
Easy clean way to cook sausages on the stove.... Heat the skillet, add 1/2 a cup of water, put the sausages in for 2 minutes covered (beer will work here for brauts). When the water boils off add a tablespoon of butter or bacon grease and finish them off covered. If you add vegies the sausages will be finished when the onions are opaque or limp. Very little mess. Most folks cook the crap out of Sausages when you really don't need to.....jdcamb
sounds good, but if you cover the pan, will the liquid really be able to boil off? i do like the idea of beer-soaked brats, though. :thumb:

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
I bet I know what his response will be...the c word!
Yup - that c**t needs to get his glacier glasses out of here. :mumble:

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
narlus said:
sounds good, but if you cover the pan, will the liquid really be able to boil off? i do like the idea of beer-soaked brats, though. :thumb:

Boil your Brats in beer, and then put them on the grill for 3-4 minutes to get the nice "lines" on them.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
narlus said:
It turns to steam and cooks it I think?? I don't care what it does but hey my Grandma taught it to me and she was cool so I go with it. It works and prevents that splatter mess.... jdcamb