Quantcast

What size? 4x Small or Med?

Al-F

Chimp
Dec 15, 2007
Hope Mills, NC
I want to buy a new 4X bike. A Jamis Parker, basically its going to serve as my all in one cool stuff bike. Dirt jumper, occasional slalom, 4x if I ever find a track in the southeast. Maybe light to medium DH work. not too burly, just whatever cool fun stuff I can find. Its also n my price range.

I have tried some of these things before but always had to make due on the bike/s I had or borrowed. Since its kind of flat in my local area, I'll be traveling to the fun spots, and I am choosing this bike because its a decent all in one platform for the "General fun" opportunist who can't do the cool stuff all the time but would like to get out and do it on occasion.

I usually fit on a 17inch/medium XC or Trail bike, my current 5in trail ride is a 2008 GaryFisher Hi-Fi Deluxe in this size. My question is do I want to get another medium or go one size smaller for the type of riding I just described?

I'm 5ft 8in, 32inch inseam, 175lbs.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Al Ferri

Last edited:

djbiker

Monkey
Sep 25, 2009
well im 5.11 and ride a small, but i only dirt jump so you should have a tight fit, if i were you id probably go for a small , but thats just me.

roel_koel

Monkey
Mar 26, 2003
London,England
I am 5'10" and ride a short Rampant too

awesome bike

I ran it last winter as a trail bike with 70mm stem, 410mm seatpost and XC saddle / tires

and this season with 50mm stem, 350mm seatpost and FR saddle / tires for bike park, 4X, dual, DJ, etc.

most "fun" bike I have ever owned, very nimble but will take serious abuse and big hits