Quantcast

What size Bullit should I get?

segerton

Chimp
Mar 21, 2004
Yeah, I know what thier web site recommends but I want to get opinions from the monkeys.

2004 Bullit med or large?? I'm 6 ft with a 33 inch leg. I currenly ride an 18 inch stinky dee.

Is the med bullit the way to go?

Thanks!

segerton

Chimp
Mar 21, 2004
Slugman said:
:stupid: I'm 6'1" with 32 leg - the medium was just too small for me...
if it was too small for you then it should be too small for me as well. sucks cause there is a beautiful med rootbeer one on ebay right now for 2k.

bagtagley

Monkey
Jun 18, 2002
VA
I'm 6', 32" shlong (errr, inseam). I ride a medium and it fits me fine. It's taken some getting used to, and for the first few months I owned it, I considered trading it for a large. I had even worked out a deal w/ Scott where they were going to let me replace the front triangle w/ a size Large under their crash replacement policy. However, I got used to it and am really glad because I got on a buddy's Large recently and that thing is HUGE....can you say no standover?

Anyway, it mostly depends on what you're gonna do with it. A large definitely would be better for trail riding. However, I also DH race this bike, so I'm willing to give some of that functionality up for tossibility and maneuverability.

bagtagley

Monkey
Jun 18, 2002
VA
Tweek said:
BTW, there's only about 1/4" standover difference between a med. and lg.
Shoulda put a smiley, it's hard to be sarcastic w/ words.

The thing just seemed a lot taller/longer.

segerton

Chimp
Mar 21, 2004
bagtagley said:
I'm 6', 32" shlong (errr, inseam). I ride a medium and it fits me fine. It's taken some getting used to, and for the first few months I owned it, I considered trading it for a large. I had even worked out a deal w/ Scott where they were going to let me replace the front triangle w/ a size Large under their crash replacement policy. However, I got used to it and am really glad because I got on a buddy's Large recently and that thing is HUGE....can you say no standover?

Anyway, it mostly depends on what you're gonna do with it. A large definitely would be better for trail riding. However, I also DH race this bike, so I'm willing to give some of that functionality up for tossibility and maneuverability.
I do it all. Trail, FR, CC, DH. In that order. I'm TORN. Why can't they make an 18 incher!~!!

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
segerton said:
I do it all. Trail, FR, CC, DH. In that order. I'm TORN. Why can't they make an 18 incher!~!!
I am 6 ft tall with a 32" inseam and my large Bullit with a 70mm stem fits me perfect. I pretty much use my bike in the order you listed.

El Santo

Chimp
Apr 14, 2002
the 'burbs of SF
Large. Medium cockpit will be too small for you.

The trans-blue is purdy.

Unsolicited advice: seriously consider a Hadley hub + 10mm thru-axle in the rear-- makes the Bullit crazy-stiff.

bagtagley

Monkey
Jun 18, 2002
VA
El Santo said:
Unsolicited advice: seriously consider a Hadley hub + 10mm thru-axle in the rear-- makes the Bullit crazy-stiff.
I keep reading about people doing this. I'm confused, how do you run a thru-axle on a QR rear end?

El Santo

Chimp
Apr 14, 2002
the 'burbs of SF
bagtagley said:
I keep reading about people doing this. I'm confused, how do you run a thru-axle on a QR rear end?
The 10mm axle fits on the 04 bullit dropouts, but it is *very* snug. A touch of the excess paint on the insides of my dropouts had to be removed to make the axle fit.

You won't regret it. The Hadleys aren't cheap (I think Go-Ride has them for around $260), but they aren't annoying like Kings with maintainance or noise, and are freakin' indestructable. I have pics somewhere if you want to see how they look.

Ifelloffabike

Monkey
Apr 14, 2003
Strong Island Ny
i would get a profile bolt on 3/8ths hub over the hadley. The 3/8th axel studs fit way easier then the 10mm on the hadley. Its just as light and has a similar amount of engagement points.

and profile has a website

D

Dingus McGee

Me: 6' 1.75" riding a Large with 35mm stem and it's still a tad too big. (long in the TT, tall in the azz) The Medium I tried was a tiny knee-bloodier, though, so what to do? I make do w/ a Large.

B

bigkonarider

GO large...
I'm 6'2" & had a medium & it sucked...
Had 2 larges & they rock...
ride hard !!
:nuts:

mtnbikej

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
So. CAL.
I am 6' and ride a large. I only use mine for Dh these days. With a Shiver and integrated stem, the cockpit definately seems small.

My wife had a medium that I tried on a few occasions, and it was tight, especially when I put the Boxxer on it.

Go large.

mtnbikej