Quantcast

What size cx frame 31" inseam

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
probably a 52-54 depending on your preference. Typically you want a CX bike to be a bit smaller than whatever size road bike you'd normally ride. Your inseam seems a bit long for your height so that might complicate things somewhat.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
it's hard to size someone more specifically when they've only given you two of their measurements online. Just trying to give him a head start there smarty pants. :rolleyes:

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
you don't want it to be smaller than your road bike. you want a bike that has a similar lenght TT to that of your road bike. want about the same reach, but less drop, ie your handlebars are up a bit more.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Be careful on ‘standardized’ fit for CX bikes. I was about to buy a frame based on my road bike frame and for that particular frame it would have been WAY to big (weird smallish toptube but crazy high seat tube.) ’ve seen some frames that were as low as a 51 for me. Crazy stuff.
Be sure to check the specs before buying and make sure they are in line with what you fit already.
I’m 5’8” with a 30” inseam.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
Cheetabrian said:
I was wondering what size cyclocross frame i should get if my inseam is 31" and I am 5' 7''.
What frame? That might help us out. I'm a little taller than you, but have a similar inseam. I ride a 54 inch Redline cross bike that fits well.