Quantcast

What size nomad should I get?

seppk

Chimp
Aug 3, 2009
I am interested in getting a Santa Cruz nomad frame but I don't know what size I should get. I am really looking for a small frame size but I was wondering if a medium would cut it? I am 5 feet 6 inches and on the santacruz site it says that is in between small and medium. I ride rocky techical trails and light downhill races. Do you think a medium would be ok for this or should I go for a small size?

dubbed_monk

Chimp
May 2, 2005
I just finished building up a small nomad for my wifey over the weekend and she's about the same height. The over all fit is ok not perfect, still need to fine tune/swap parts for a better fit.
The only issue she's having is the top tube slope. There isn't much standover clearance for her when off the seat, standing. The front fork is a 36 Talas rc2, even lowered to 130 or 100 it still uncomfy when standing.
She test rode a med and it was a little too big for her, but overall the nomad frame is beefy. I think it come down to personal pref when it comes to size if your inbetween sizes.
i'm 5,10 and the bike fits me ok, a little tight in the cockpit reach tho. but a laid back seat post would help solve that for me. The standover for me is ok, but brushing the croch area. just to give you an idea of clearance.
I would say your best bet is too try and test ride one to be certain of the size.
Just a heads up, there was a 3-6 week wait on the nomad when i ordered mine.
I got lucky and found a online store that had one instock and onsale, so I jumped on it.
Check it out if your interested, they might have your looking for instock and onsale.
They had fox 36talas with a tapered steertube for 689. "speedgoat"

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I would suggest a small unless you usually ride a bigger bike. The small will feel much more maneuverable and fun to ride. Also, the med may not have enough stand over for you. I'm 5'11" and I have very little stand over on my med.

seppk

Chimp
Aug 3, 2009
ha ha yessss I just bought a small frame. It was amazinly hard to find one in a small size but I did it. Its on the way!