Quantcast

what size to get?

end0boy

Chimp
Sep 11, 2005
philippine archipelago
hey guys,im planning to get an '05 santa cruz bullit with a dhx 5 but im not sure which size to get. i ride urban,do drops from 2-7 ft high,jumps ,trails and i'll be racing with it too. in the SCB website it says i can go with a small or a medium. im 5"6.5 tall and i weigh 130lbs..what do you guys think? my fork is a 66rc 170mm. i tried riding a small and a medium frame and was ok with both! the small had a 888 set in 6" and the medium with a super t,7"..the small has a better standover though..need some answers fast ..

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Whatever you liked better. I would say the medium might be better so you can grow into it.

hilldown

Chimp
Aug 30, 2005
Oroville, CA
Depends on how old you are bro. If your done growing I would get the small. Your used to hucking around and doing urban assault you will have more control over a smaller bike. Plus you will feel comfortable with it since your used to riding smaller bikes. Having a big bike does give you a sense of confidence when your decending, but if you have the 66rc on the front you should be alright. Plus you can throw some tight S&^% while you fly down the hill.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
get a medium, i got a small size right now.i am about 5'5 and finding it is a bit too small now. and you will probably grow into it you find it a bit big.

end0boy

Chimp
Sep 11, 2005
philippine archipelago
thanks for the info. man i just found out that if i'll order an orange bullit i'll be recieving it after 6-8 months! now thats a bummer! thinking about getting a vp-free,but a medium is the only size available! i think its too big for me.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
6-8 months? thats a load of bull,try and contact the sc dealer in singapore,they normall have loads of sc bikes in stock. linky
edit: oh yea, the vp-frees sizings are slightly bigger then the bullit, so watch out...