Quantcast

what song moves you the most?

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
for whatever reason. for me its "the show must go on" by Queen. every time i hear the song i am almost moved to tears. its amazing to me that someone who was so close to death was able to put so much into a song. the way he sings it because he knows he is about to die. freddy mercury was an amazing singer.

every time i hear this song it makes me think about how lucky i am to have my health and makes me want to achieve every goal i can put for myself. what songs motivate and move you?

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
I found out I was going to be a father when Creed's-With Arms Wide Open was out. It made me cry like a baby then and still tear's me up today.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I found out I was going to be a father when Creed's-With Arms Wide Open was out. It made me cry like a baby then and still tear's me up today.
+1...good call.
I gotta agree with Jon here. As a father, I understand the emotional aspect of your child being born and what-not, but that song and that group may be the worst thing ever.

For thread relevancy: If its the Beaches by the Avett Brothers.

Last edited:

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
I'm not a huge country fan and I know some people are going to say its cheesy but this song gets to me.

And Mark Erelli's Imaginary Wars. I feel bad for the trees :P

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Going to take some meditating to pick one that qualifies as the "most" but the most recent addition to my list is "I Believe" by Dustin Kensrue. I'm not a religious man, and lyrics on the topic are usually a turn off for me, but there is something moving about the lyrics and genuine about his passion and delivery.

I listened to tons of Mudvayne and Rise Against when I was hospitalized and through my early recovery days. Rise Against "Behind Closed Doors" was spun a lot.

j.les

Monkey
Jul 21, 2007
Chicago
Back in 2007 I was paralyzed in a motorcycle accident. I spent 1 month in a rehab hospital and 5 months in outpatient phys. therapy.

I listened to "Perseverance" by Hatebreed every morning before therapy. Many of the lyrics really got me going. If the therapist asked for 10 of a certain exercise I'd give them 20. I'm doing ok now; the song helped me get through some tough times.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
for an instrumental, this does it all and a whole lot more

Steve, i am surprised you didn't put Pernice's "Bum Leg" in there. that's a killer tune.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Steve, i am surprised you didn't put Pernice's "Bum Leg" in there. that's a killer tune.
forgot about it.

it's a song johnny cash should have covered on one of those cover records he did....it would have kicked the sh!t out of all the other covers on the records.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Whip your hair back and forth. I knew the song existed but never hear it until the other day. A car parked next to me playing it rather loud. I moved me like no other song ever has, I probably could have broken the world record 100 yards I ran away so fast.