Quantcast

what sports did you play.....

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I skated in high school. I hated school sports, but I played competitive league soccer from near birth until 10th grade and raced road bikes in 11th for my lbs.

I was pissed when I found out my school had a golf team :( I would have been on that had I known at the time.

splat

Nam I am
dirtydirtysouf said:
what weight class did you scrap in? i started as 135# as a freshman and ended up in the heavyweight (200-275#)
I wrestled Freshman & Sophmore Year , was undefeated! was in the 81# class I won All my Matches by default , no other school had any one in my class , I Quit because I got discouraged cause I was Doing all the pratices and stuff but never faced any one .

Yes I was that Small, through Sophmore year in High school, I was 4 ' 6" and 78 pounds Jr year I grew 14 inches and 70+ Pounds.

I also Played some Baseball, But got cut cause I couldn't hit to save my life ! ( But at 4' 6" I could draw walks!!!! )

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
Wrestled all through Jr high and high school. 127-135pds. Raced mtbs,road, and bmx. Played baseball, did some XC running, chased lots of beaver.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Baseball and hockey for me in High School. I always thought Football was stupid - you practice 5 days a week to play one game each week........that to me does not sound fun.

dirtydirtysouf

Deletated
May 23, 2006
the ghetto of winston-salem, nc
splat said:
I wrestled Freshman & Sophmore Year , was undefeated! was in the 81# class I won All my Matches by default , no other school had any one in my class , I Quit because I got discouraged cause I was Doing all the pratices and stuff but never faced any one .
we had a guy on our team like that..........he had to drink a gallon of water before weighin so he could be above the weight limit.....then he would just puke it out...........:rofl:

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
dirtydirtysouf said:
we had a guy on our team like that..........he had to drink a gallon of water before weighin so he could be above the weight limit.....then he would just puke it out...........:rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: had to do that in Jr high to cover for a higher weight guy that couldn't make city tournament. I was in the bathroom pissing for so long I almost missed my first match!:oink:

GeoffW

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Started playing hockey when I was 4, played some Junior A, still play competitive today. Dad got me hooked racing snowmbiles when I was 3, still race to today, that's the ultimate rush, 500 feet in less than 5 seconds can bring a grin to anyone's face. :) Golfed quit a bit, MTB'd, played some ball, and waterski/wakeboarded

I wrestled freshman year. totally sucked. Did it 'cuz my dad and a bunch of did it. They were good.
My Dad never even went to a match.
Got really lucky one meet and pinned the state champ. Got home and told my dad and he says 'mmm good'. Never looked away from the TV.

Jerk.

dirtydirtysouf

Deletated
May 23, 2006
the ghetto of winston-salem, nc
jet said:
I wrestled freshman year. totally sucked. Did it 'cuz my dad and a bunch of did it. They were good.
Got really lucky one meet and pinned the state champ. Got home and told my dad and he says 'mmm good'. Never looked away from the TV.

Jerk.
sounds like we have some pent up anger!!!!!!!!11:redhot:

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
jet said:

Jerk.
Wow. Amazing how carelessness and inattention on the part of a parent can have such consequences... Thinking that we have two chances to have a good adult/child relationship, be sure to take the opportunity to make that moment right with your own son. There are a number of those moments I will have to make right with my nieces/nephews (or children) one of these days too.
[OK, chick moment over]

Back to the thread, it's interesting the number of you who were in wrestling! Wrestling seems like one of the few "individual" sports that's as intense as mtn biking.

I didn't wrestle. :rolleyes:
I didn't really play team sports till college and intramurals - soccer and softball. As a young kid I was too clumsy to do much... always running into things. Not much has changed. I'm still a train wreck waiting to happen.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
The only organized sport I ever got suckered into was soccer. I played for the traveling league for many years. I was more into rock climbing, skate boarding and XC MTB.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Soccer, Volleyball, Track, and Cross Country were my sports. Played baseball freshman year, but I was so small I never got any time to play.

I'd have loved to have wrestled or done crew. Two sports that I've got a ton of respect for.

The Ito

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
i was in the chess club...

seriously, cricket... alot of hockey (field) when i was younger... but most of my time was spent at the beach surfing...

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Football and tennis on the team. Lineman :)

i played a lot more basketball than anything but stuck to streetball as I could earn some money that way. Highschool ball generally produced wusses :)