Quantcast

What the Denver weather like now?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I am going to be out in Denver for a week starting Sunday.

Is it cold out there now?

Also, is there someplace to rent MTB's from in Denver?

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Actually I'm staying at a hotel. My mum is having medical tests all next week at National Jewish.

I'll be there this Sunday eve thru next Sat afternoon.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
N8 said:
Tempting, tempting!!!
Drop me a PM when you know your schedule. I'm driving next week for my carpool, so will be able to get out for lunch one day.

If things get nice & I can work it, maybe we can go do a Green Mountain ride or something.

Check Wheatridge Cyclery for rentals. They might even let you take out a "test-ride" bike.

Maybe PM Anthony Sloan - he's a TX boy who lives here now and works at Wheatridge.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I will be seeing a guy who used to be my boss here at the base who's now living around the corner from National Jewish. He' an MTB'er and went to Moab last month and then sent me pix. Lucky fawker! :angry:

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
SkaredShtles said:
Drop me a PM when you know your schedule. I'm driving next week for my carpool, so will be able to get out for lunch one day.

If things get nice & I can work it, maybe we can go do a Green Mountain ride or something.

Check Wheatridge Cyclery for rentals. They might even let you take out a "test-ride" bike.

Maybe PM Anthony Sloan - he's a TX boy who lives here now and works at Wheatridge.

I'll PM you my cell number. I'm tempted to try to take my bike, but I am not too crazy about the hassle.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
N8 said:
I will be seeing a guy who used to be my boss here at the base who's now living around the corner from National Jewish. He' an MTB'er and went to Moab last month and then sent me pix. Lucky fawker! :angry:
Luck's got nothing to do with it....... Hell - it's only about 4-1/2 hours away. :think: ;)

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
SkaredShtles said:
Luck's got nothing to do with it....... Hell - it's only about 4-1/2 hours away. :think: ;)

He's an insane mo' fo'... he did some kind of 100 mile trail run a couple years ago... :dead:

I need to get him on the Monkey!

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
SkaredShtles said:
I just noticed - his shorts are pretty damn short. :think:

Ok, *that* was gay...

FYI: Dudes can ONLY comment on the legnth of another man's shorts IF a woman comments on them first.

dhjoe

Chimp
Jan 2, 2005
Boulder, CO
N8 said:
I'll be attending his and his wife's wedding reception at the Walnut Foundry Fri eve. How is that place?
If you are refering to the "Walnut Brewery" which is right next to "The Foundry" in Boulder they are both pretty good. The Walnut has great food and beer (get the smoked salmon fish and chips) and the Foundry is a swanky-martini-poolhall kinda place, not bad if you like expensive drinks and scantily clad chicks.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
dhjoe said:
If you are refering to the "Walnut Brewery" which is right next to "The Foundry" in Boulder they are both pretty good. The Walnut has great food and beer (get the smoked salmon fish and chips) and the Foundry is a swanky-martini-poolhall kinda place, not bad if you like expensive drinks and scantily clad chicks.
Nope. The Walnut Foundry - I'd never heard of it either. :p

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
N8 said:
He's an insane mo' fo'... he did some kind of 100 mile trail run a couple years ago... :dead:

I need to get him on the Monkey!
The Leadville 100 perhaps?

Yeah that is insane