Quantcast

What the hell is wrong with people...

Do you like Cilantro?

• Yes, I need the stuff on all my ethnic fodstuffs!

Votes: 20 66.7%
  • Hell no, it tastes like soap!

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Loco Sucks

Votes: 11 36.7%

• Total voters

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
They don't serve cilantro at McDonalds so Americans haven't developed a taste for it.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I hate beets. Anyone who likes beets is a self centered asshole. Except for my wife - she's really nice. She likes beets though. We need to talk...

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
Find some food ingredient you hate. Start a website or blog. Find others with your same hatred. Socialize.

Enjoy life.

otherwise, phuq off.

kidding.

just read Tony Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential on a long train ride.

absolutely hilarious.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
my moms homemade salsa is amazing! and it wouldnt taste so good without cilantro so i definitely love the stuff.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
I just think I'm a victim of over-cilantro-ing

everything I have had it in, it just kind of dominates....and tastes like green soap

but I am convinced that someone around here will know the proper way to deal with it.

I used to hate eggplant too, until someone cooked it the correct way.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
there's nothing 'to get' in terms of using fresh cilantro...like any fresh herb, it's added just before serving (aside from salsas, etc); at least that's how i use it. sounds like you either like the taste or you don't, or there is an EXTREMELY heavy hand putting it on the dish.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Most recent indulgence of cilantro....

I love it. There is nothing like taking a big bite of fresh cilantro & exhaling through your nose. My mom used to cook with it a lot when I was a kid, that probably explains why I like it so much.

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
Coriander is the old Latin-derived word, more commonly used in European cuisine. Cilantro is the Spanish-derived word, more commonly used in California [the closest thing to a true American 'Cuisine' there is!]