Quantcast

What the microwave is hiding?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Please tell us you did not get dual control and rapid rise. Please also tell us what you think of the brakes, I've heard mixed reviews for lard butts.

And dude, who taught you how to route a brake line? :monkeydance:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i dunno about you guys, but i ALWAYS keep my xtr on the side of the microwave, never behind.

Also, I like how the microwave is in a totally different spot in all the shots :busted:

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Please tell us you did not get dual control and rapid rise. Please also tell us what you think of the brakes, I've heard mixed reviews for lard butts.

And dude, who taught you how to route a brake line? :monkeydance:
I almost hate to show it to you but honesty is the best policy....

I like dual control and the rapid rise set up and have had nothing but good luck and no problems with it. As for this version, we shall see. I like the lever shape better already. Brakes? Bad brakes = fast.

That brake line is run the same way the boys at yeti routed it when they replaced my headset 2 summers ago.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
:disgust1:

Just giving crap, rock it if you like it. I tried dual control/rapid rise for an entire year - I really tried to have an open mind and give them both an honest shot - and just never liked either.

As for the brake line, it's way more susceptible to getting snagged or crushed the way you have it, better to run it on the inside. (Speaking from experience.)

The cranks are a thing of beauty, they continue to knock the ball out of the park in that respect.

PS: Jeebus man, that folding chair looks like a prop from Saw or Abu Ghraib...

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Oh, and your tyres are a bit crap for "sweeping judgment" type conditions and your frisbee doesn't look great either. White or grey are good frisbee colours this season. Just FYI.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Sorry Bro, Black is the new black this year. I should know, I called rootbeer and white wayyyy a year ahead of time. Pink is pretty much '04, but you're like old and sh1t so we'll let you off.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180364

Edit: I can't stand dual control either, but you have excellent taste in grips, cranks, wheels and forks.
Oh, and your tyres are a bit crap for "sweeping judgment" type conditions and your frisbee doesn't look great either. White or grey are good frisbee colours this season. Just FYI.
And to all that were wondering what was in the microwave....

a rat's ass

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
First ride review...
The cranks as stiff as the old XTR (and they look cool).

The brakes seem on par with the old ones. The trail I was on doesn't really have a ton of braking and they are going to need to get broken in anyway. But no crashing into the woods because they didn't work at all.

The levers are definitely better shaped than before. Again not much braking but just cruising the parking lot they seemed to fit better. The shift action is lighter. The shift is fast, faster than anything I've used before. I'm used to that beat between hitting the lever and the shift. That beat doesn't exist anymore.

Now for the wheels.... holy crap. They accelerate very fast and keep on rolling. I'm going from burned up michelin xcrdry2 to crossmarks so some of that might be tires. But the hubs also seem a little bit tight right now. I have a suspicion they are going to get a bit faster.