Quantcast

what to do ??....help...

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
CROATIA....europe....CROATIA
hi..

i have big problem i hope that RM guys will help me..

its like this: i am planing to buy frame from guy on this forum (DHS) i will get my money thru 2 weeks, its problem that i dont have paypal in Croatia, so i can not send money by that, i had buy karpiel apocalypse from guy on this forum cca. before one year and i send money to him by western union and it was too much to give post office so they can send money to USA, now i must send again money but i dont have too much to give post office so they can send money, if i do by western union i will not have for Croatian customs, taxes and all **** which i must give to my country.

i was thinking to send money from bank to bank, thru my friends bank account because he have bike shop so , when i inport frame i will pay little taxes and customs, but guy who sell me dont believe ,me so i dont know what to do.

i will give him my bank account, i will scan my passport, personal ID, hell if he want i will scanmy hand so he can get my fingerprints, i will do anything just to get that frame because its all what i want for dh..

just to bring it up, i send 4300 bucks to knoxville for apocalypse and than i get my bike ,ii give DHS another proff i told everyone that i am not a scamer and i will send money etc.
i come everyday on RM, i know some guys ....

i realy dont know what to do if i send my western union i will dont have for taxes etc, so after one month frame will send back to sender so that sucks forme...

can somebody help me how to send money ?!

i dont have paypal, westrn union is too expensive only i can send by bank to bank account and that trnsfer will cost me cca. 50 bucks, and if i send by western unioncca. 500 bucks ...

help?!

thx

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Why can't you use Paypal in Croatia? I didn't think Paypal was country specific, all you need is a checking account. I could be wrong, just want to make sure you checked out the option :)

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
no hate towards you dude. but no way in hell am i sending you my social security #
don't mind at all waiting to sell this frame to you, sounds like you'll really ride it for what its made for.

someone else must have a idea how to do it?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Well, as I said, Paypal is available in most countries. Have you looked into an escrow service? What about an international money order? You may be able to get an international money order from your local bank, and if DHS waits for it to clear both banks, he's assured of the money and you just have to mail one piece of paper vs. getting charged for doing Western Union.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
You can do an international wire transfer directly from bank account to bank account, but it'll require you to have DHS's bank account # (which I'd be loathe to give out, myself) and international routing #s (which he'll have to get from the bank).

It's possible that DHS's bank can accept the transfer without you knowing his account #; they could internally transfer it to him once you've routed it to their institution.

But for specifics, you'll have to ask your bank how to send it and he'll have to ask his bank what he needs to do to receive it. Shouldn't be too terribly complicated.

MD

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
MikeD said:
You can do an international wire transfer directly from bank account to bank account, but it'll require you to have DHS's bank account # (which I'd be loathe to give out, myself) and international routing #s (which he'll have to get from the bank).

It's possible that DHS's bank can accept the transfer without you knowing his account #; they could internally transfer it to him once you've routed it to their institution.

But for specifics, you'll have to ask your bank how to send it and he'll have to ask his bank what he needs to do to receive it. Shouldn't be too terribly complicated.

MD

And I bet with all the anti-terrorist crap that is why he has to have a SS#.

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
Wumpus said:
Doesn't look like Croatia is on the list.

Do you have a buddy in an approved paypal country that could send the money?
that is problem man Croatia aint on list so i cant make account on paypal, it sucks big time because wheni want to order movies or stuff like that i cant because i dont have deam paypal.. :dead: :dead:

no unfortunatly i dont know anybody good enough to be assure that he will send money so answer is no :dead:

i realy dontknow how to send money, dhl is expensive , fed ex is 300km away from me so i think that is expensive like dhl.

DHS i know that is big risk to give bank account but i will send money thru my friends bank account, his account is on his bike shop, he has send money all over EU thru bank to bank and NEVER was any problem...
Thatis more secure i think i mean because its onhis shop account...

i realy dont know :confused: :help: what to do.........

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
not handing out my SS#. no way.

i've used escrow.com before. they were cool.

he's a random though. what if i just added his credit card to my paypal account and extracted the money to my paypal account... would that work?

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
i dont get how thatescrow works....?!

if you need credit card , that is not a option for me because i dont have any card, i dont believe that guy who have bike shop will give his credit card...

too much scammers in world who take money from credit cards

so again i dont know what to do...

ps. DHS maybe this sounds stupid but my friend told me to ask you if you want maybe make new bank account so after money transfer you can close that account--not my idea

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
What about an international money order? They're available at most banks. If the shop you mentioned is cool, do the transaction through them to get the tax/customs break.

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
BikeGeek said:
What about an international money order? They're available at most banks. If the shop you mentioned is cool, do the transaction through them to get the tax/customs break.
yes that is why i can send thru my friends bike shop, i know guy, he is my good friend and he will back me up for taxes and customs..

he said that the best tranfer is thru bank to bank- he order much stuff outside Croatia so he know some stuff and if no body trick himor get money from his account i dont believe that will be any problems with you DHS,but stillits upon you ..

ps. yeah if you want you come to windy and rainy boring city,--summer pass :dead: :dead:

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
well i guess i should just go to my bank and see what is really required in this situation

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Downhiller said:
i dont get how thatescrow works....?!
How does it work?
1.Buyer and Seller Agree to Terms
Both parties agree to terms of the transaction, which includes a description of the merchandise, sale price, number of days for the Buyer's inspection, and any shipping information.

2.Buyer Pays Escrow.com
The Buyer submits a payment, selecting check, money order, wire transfer, or credit card online. Escrow.com verifies the payment. Processing time varies by payment method.

3.Seller Ships Merchandise
Upon payment verification, the Seller is authorized to ship merchandise and submit tracking information. Escrow.com verifies that the Buyer receives the shipment.

4.Buyer Accepts the Merchandise
The Buyer has a set number of days for an inspection and the option to accept or reject the merchandise. For more information, FAQs - Return Questions.

5.Escrow.com Pays the Seller
Escrow.com pays the Seller by check or wire transfer. The transaction is complete.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
DHS said:
not handing out my SS#. no way.

i've used escrow.com before. they were cool.

he's a random though. what if i just added his credit card to my paypal account and extracted the money to my paypal account... would that work?

nope. cant do that.
there is no way you guys can use paypal to take money from croatia.

i´ve had problems with that before (i went to school in the good ol´states and i had to deal with intl money transfers from Peru to the US all the time) and IMO the best ways are:

- bank wire. best, cheapest, fastest way. you need the aba number and the bank account. but as somebody said you might be able to get the money wired to the bank, and then have the bank wire the money privately to DHS.

- traveler checks. they rock. they are cheap too. i remember a while ago i got like 5000 bucks worth of american express travelers from my bank for like 30 bucks. they are like a check EVERYBODY takes. just write one for DHS and send it thru express certified intl mail... if they get lost or anything, you are not liable for that, and they refund your money. ask your bank people.

- moneygram/westernunion. they are extremely fast, but they suck BALLS!!! i once needed urgently 1000 bucks, and then they wired them to me, they charged like 130 bucks.. thats 13%!!!! its so expensive, its insane.

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
Everybody talking about the money transfer is spot on.
An MT-100 bank-to-bank transfer is fast, easy, and safe for both parties.

All you need is account info, and a routing number. The account can't be accessed by the other person, other than to deposit funds.

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
well i was thinking about bmw race link but i dont have that kind of money, and i love karpiel..

karpiel armageddon frame with chainguide,bashguard,crankset,bb,headset....

but dhs dont want to give me his bank account so i cant send by that way bank tobank money transfer---its cheep for me and its fast... :(

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
DHS, It is basically safe to give just your account number and routing codes, people do it all the time, myself included... Give the guy a break.

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
Changleen said:
DHS, It is basically safe to give just your account number and routing codes, people do it all the time, myself included... Give the guy a break.
well never done one before. and originally he said i needed my SS#. so no to that. plus i thought i needed a checking account number and such for that kind of transfer. i'll be at my bank later today or tomorrow. i'd definitely like to get this handled. and finished. there are other buyers. but he was the first one to want it, so just following through.

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
hey guys does anyone knows what is banks SWIFT number ???

i was trying to send $ to DHSs bank account but (sweet) girl who works in bank say that i need ask him which is SWIFT (something like that it name) number, does anyone know wtf is swift number ?

i dont know, dhs dont know maybe someone of you monkeys know..

thx

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
yo guys HELP.. :help: :help:

i want to send $ to DHS bank account he give me all infos except SWIFT number, he and his citizens bank dont know what the hell is swift number ..

i ask in my bank when i wa strying to send him $ and they say without swift number i cant send $

theygive me example..

citi454ze544ban54k

you know combination numbers and letters.--

so can somebody help with that PROBLEM ??!?

thx :)