Quantcast

What to do in Seattle this weekend?

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
West seattle is sort of like NDG....kind of a hip spot to live. But it's not a tourist attraction by any means. A few decent restaurants. My integra was stolen in West Seattle.
You're one of those people who think anything south of the ship canal is a crappy neighborhood, aren't you.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Most of that whole area is not my cup of tea. Kinda of why I moved away again. The riding is great. But there nowhere in the seattle area that I would want to set up shop for good.
Queen Anne? Wallingford?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Fair enough. I share your ambivalence about Seattle--some really nice things about it but enough to justify the traffic and price? It's no Bay Area but when Portland is so much cheaper and outwardly similar if not weirder/truer to the PNW "roots", whatever that means...

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Yep. You don't get what you pay for. I look at what I paid for my house, and what it got me vs what I would get there. It's a nice enough place to visit.....or live for say 6 years as a single guy (or a DINK couple). But it's not where I wanted my kids to grow up.

You know what's weird? I've been back here longer than I was living out there. And it felt like I was there forever. (Insert skookum's wise-ass remark here)

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Well we're back. We didn't actually wind up doing much we had planned on doing. Just had a good chilled out weekend. Did a ton of shopping and lots of eating.

Crab is good.

Oh, and Serious Pie was an excellent suggestion. The sweet fennel sausage pizza is awesome.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
A coworker gave me one of these from Seattle yesterday.

Not as hot as I expected, but some damn good chocolate!