2. Make stupid comments about it

:rolleyes:

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
SoCal Supermarket Shelves
Ridemonkey said:
Rat. Respectful. You decide.
Maybe this will explain the rat notion better.

rat n

1. Any of various long-tailed rodents resembling mice but larger, especially one of the genus Rattus.
2. Any of various animals similar to one of these long-tailed rodents.
Slang.
3. A despicable person, especially one who betrays or informs upon associates.

fink n

1. A contemptible person.
2. An informer.

Hence, my Orwellian comment.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
this thread sounded like those signs in the subways..."If you see something, say something"

Is the head monkey Pres. Bush in disguise? :confused:

...no, wait, scratch that...the grammar's way too good and no words are misspelled

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
MisterClean said:
Maybe this will explain the rat notion better.
Yeah...I got it.

Maybe this will explain my notion better. Reporting bad content is being a rat (in your opinion), or it's being respectful of this site, and what it offers you. Whichever you prefer.

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
SoCal Supermarket Shelves
Ridemonkey said:
Yeah...I got it.

Maybe this will explain my notion better. Reporting bad content is being a rat (in your opinion), or it's being respectful of this site, and what it offers you. Whichever you prefer.
Respect must be earned on either side of the coin. Who in their right mind would respect a society of rats? Rats are reviled in any society, no matter what label one puts on their intent.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
MisterClean said:
Respect must be earned on either side of the coin. Who in their right mind would respect a society of rats? Rats are reviled in any society, no matter what label one puts on their intent.
Ok...I'm going to try to make this as clear as possible (I thought it was a pretty simple concept).

Reporting inappropriate content shows that you respect this site, and it's administrators, and that you appreciate having this venue to converse with fellow mountain bikers.

If you still can't see the difference between that, and being a rat then go elsewhere. When someone pisses in the hot tub it affects everyone. Get it?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
MisterClean said:
Good job confusing the issue.

Simple matter is this is a self-policing website whose members like to push boundaries but are not a bunch of sickos.

We can discuss to the nth degree about snitches, but if a member see something obviously inappropriate (and trust me, what prompted RM to write this thread was inappropriate even here in San Francisco), the answer is to inform a moderator. End of Story.

And if you feel restricted in some way by Ridemonkey, how is JDsBikeBabble.com coming along?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
MisterClean said:
Actually, the people who report posts are a big help, since the mods don't have time to read every post. Doesn't surprise me that it's beyond your comprehension though.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
MisterClean said:
Respect must be earned on either side of the coin.
And what have you earned here?

Would even one person on RM say that they have any respect for you?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
MisterClean said:
So leave.

Trust me, you won't be missed.

:wave:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
H8R said:
:stupid: :stupid::stupid:

While I do post innane crap in the lounge, I do keep it serious in the bike forums.

Mister clean... well I guess he just doesn't get it. He does post nice photos with nice write-ups from time to time though.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
stinkyboy said:
I think it's hilarious that he gets you guys so riled up...
Meh... I've seen you get riled up, I've seen (and CAUSED) Burley "If you're getting riled up you take yourself too seriously" Shirley to get riled up. We all do from time to time, and MOST people here have gotten riled up at one point or another. Anytime you try to put people down, or make asshat comments SOMEONE is going to get riled up.

The alternative is a forum full of Mister Cleans, take your pick.

J

JRB

I am not sure this thing has gone just like it was supposed to. Trust me. Pay attention to what RM tells you. It will be in your best interest.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
N8 said:
Oh HELL yes!!!!

I do. Great pix of awesome rides = APPROVED!
Yeah, but you're N8 so it doesn't count.

;)
And his ride reports would be better if they didn't steer traffic away from RM and towards another website.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
kidwoo said:
Whenever I see inappropriate material, I just look for a DRB post and masturbate while staring at his avatar.

Seems the right thing to do.
:rofl:

someone get kidwoo on the phone w/ comedy central. you deserve yr own show.