Quantcast

what to do with DJ bike ?

Dec 11, 2005
WL Oregon
hi all. currently I have a 2004 Specialized P.2 and last july I got an amazing deal on a new 2005 P.1 cr-mo. but the problem is, is that once I got my P.1 I didnt take as good of care of my P.2, and basically ...I am just bored of the P.2 I guess. I hate all the components (ecept the cranks and RD) but I really love my P.1. the P.1 really sucks at trail and freeride, but blows away any bike when it comes to park/dj/street. i'm looking for more of a 4X bike, because that was what my P.2 was used for. I want to do a little downhill hardtail style too.

so heres the deal. I love the alu P. frames. but I hate how its built up right now. what I was considering doing, was selling all the parts for cash and then keep the frame. and I was going to go get a kona shred. the konas just seem to be good on the dirt. I can either keep the P.2 as is (fix the most crucial) and have a shred and my P.1. or I could completly sell the P.2 (and be a little sad) and have enough to buy a kona stuff or possibly a cowan (or shred,scrap and upgrade)

I know this is a long annoying question ...but I wanna know some opinions. I just wouldent want to make a chioce that i'll really regret.

what would you suggest ?
budjet=500 bucks or maybe 1000 if I sell the P.2
what should I do ? :(

Lux Interior

Monkey
Jun 18, 2005
wow, that is a confusing question. I guess if specialized has been good to you, why switch to a kona? Stay brand loyal, it's good mojo. So where is WL oregon

Dec 11, 2005
WL Oregon
Lux Interior said:
wow, that is a confusing question. I guess if specialized has been good to you, why switch to a kona? Stay brand loyal, it's good mojo. So where is WL oregon
well specialized has been good to me, but now they arent good to any of their customers. like the P.1 back in the day cost 350 bucks, in 2005 they wanted 770 for it. I want to swich to kona because they are made in the state above me (washinton)

Mackinsaw

Chimp
Apr 25, 2006
thunder bay, ON
You wont regret buying a shred. I bought one early last season and raced x country with the biking team with it and got owned but when the downhill race came I owned ****. I'm thinking about getting a different frame thats better for urban and trials but last year up at the mountain I kept up and did eveything the freeride guys were doing (In otherwords I rode the hell out of it). I think the rims are atlittle flimsy and get bent out of shape easy but maybe its just my riding style?

Anyways, I haven't visited this site and/or rode my bike for like 4 monthes and am unfamiliar with this "4x" ridiing style. What is it? Freeride, dirt jumping, urban, trail?

rapp

Monkey
Sep 30, 2006
Beaufort, SC
I haven't rode either of those, but having a bike built up just for 4x is a pretty good idea. I hate switching stuff off of my DJ so she's more friendly for races. But if you don't mind that or don't switch anything on your bikes, get rid of her. Just an extra frame laying around isn't doing any good.