Quantcast

What type of riding in the Tucson region?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
There is a good chance that we will be relocating to the Tucson/mex border area within the next year. I've heard that tucson has some great xc riding but is there a FR/DH/dirt jump scene in the area? would i have to drive to phx for that stuff? all i have is an Intense uzzi and my dirt jump bike so the xc stuff gets old quick ;)

thanks in advance for any local info.

zakkpw

Chimp
Sep 15, 2010
Atlanta, GA
There is a good chance that we will be relocating to the Tucson/mex border area within the next year. I've heard that tucson has some great xc riding but is there a FR/DH/dirt jump scene in the area? would i have to drive to phx for that stuff? all i have is an Intense uzzi and my dirt jump bike so the xc stuff gets old quick ;)

thanks in advance for any local info.
:thumb:
Funny how small the world is. Just got into DH a couple of years ago and have seen you at a couple of races through mutual aquantiances. I'm in ATL now but will also be in the same area come January for a few months. Hit me up if you get there between Jan. and July '12 and we'll rip it up. I've been studying the terrain and I know there has to be some action, just gotta find it!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
I've found quite a bit of info on some shuttle runs and such from tucsonmtb.com. it looks pretty good despite the fact that their "gravity" forum is called freeride/black diamond :rofl: