Quantcast

&*^&^$$%^ What up bros (Thirsty thursday megathread) *&^*&^*&^

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Was going to head to the mountains for one last camping trip in the high country this weekend. Forecast now has rain/snow on Saturday morning...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:dead:

Ded. Was up til 3 am with the baby. Methinks the wife has some postpartum depression. Trying to keep it all together.

Had to work on my truck last night. Think I flipped the rod ends, cause they look the same, but have a slightly different taper. Why, Ram, why?

Mushed my fingertip yesterday and it split open. That felt great.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hang in there, Tim.

Today I work from home this morning, give the residents a lecture on personal finance at noon, and then ride White Ranch this afternoon.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Waiting for coffee at DIA. We were warned that the wait was exceedingly long, so got here a few hours early, but passed through in less than 30min. Either taking a 1.5hr nap or studying shortly.

I keep reminding Wifey that she needs to be ready for a shit show at MIL1's condo when we get there this afternoon to meet with the contractor. She keeps saying that she's been there within the last 5 years and is ready for it, but I'm not optimistic about it.

Also completely unplugged my connection to work, as one should. Phone and laptop off, out of office message and voicemail in place. Getting home should be interesting, but dammit, I'm taking my time off.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I keep reminding Wifey that she needs to be ready for a shit show at MIL1's condo when we get there this afternoon to meet with the contractor. She keeps saying that she's been there within the last 5 years and is ready for it, but I'm not optimistic about it.
:popcorn:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
wfh today & tomorrow. lunch ride today. going to attempt mtb of some sort this weekend. the day i wanted to ride DH has the highest chance of rain.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, I feel like a 1000 pound weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I decided to resign my sales job, it has just turned impossible with the device I sell not being approved for insurance coverage. just not worth it, and it was causing me huge stress and rejection.
I kinda feel free.
Hope you all have a banger day, too!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So, I feel like a 1000 pound weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I decided to resign my sales job, it has just turned impossible with the device I sell not being approved for insurance coverage. just not worth it, and it was causing me huge stress and rejection.
I kinda feel free.
Hope you all have a banger day, too!
time for some funemployment!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Hello monkeys.

Fresh tires for the GT yesterday and I decided to ride above my skill / fitness level by including a new segment. Much stalling, some diving but no crashing. It's a new trail designed to be difficult technically and physically. Local experts ride the segment in 10 to 12 minutes. It took me 20+; lack of skill and sub optimum power / weight ratio are possible factors.

I have not peddled Rekons before so I began the ride at the suggested minimum psi of 35 for the 2.4s, I lowered the front twice and the rear once. Ended up at 19 / 24 possibly too low up front but I wasn't going anywhere fast anyway.

I may not ride today, it's 49 degrees and might rain, plus tired.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hello monkeys.

Fresh tires for the GT yesterday and I decided to ride above my skill / fitness level by including a new segment. Much stalling, some diving but no crashing. It's a new trail designed to be difficult technically and physically. Local experts ride the segment in 10 to 12 minutes. It took me 20+; lack of skill and sub optimum power / weight ratio are possible factors.

I have not peddled Rekons before so I began the ride at the suggested minimum psi of 35 for the 2.4s, I lowered the front twice and the rear once. Ended up at 19 / 24 possibly too low up front but I wasn't going anywhere fast anyway.

I may not ride today, it's 49 degrees and might rain, plus tired.
I hope I didn't steer you wrong with the ground controls... it sounds like they aren't your tire :(

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Barr would infact, be stupid. Unless it's changed significantly since the last time I hiked it, it was the stupid kind of stupid, not the fun kind of stupid. I don't personally know anyone who has done the full plunge, but I've read good things. I will certainly vouch for the Awesomeness™ of the lower half.

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I hope I didn't steer you wrong with the ground controls... it sounds like they aren't your tire :(
The Rekons are for the GT Sensor - the Ground Controls are for the hardtail and I am pretty sure I have them sorted. Thinking about doing my pavement, gravel, dirt loop in them later today. That's about 22 miles... so I will see how I feel in a couple of hours. I feel like they would pedal fast at 25PSI and still do a decent XC loop.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Holy. Shit. It's Flip or Flop bad. I opened a cabinet, which is full of mold, and I've been coughing hard for nearly 45min now.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hey @stoney remember you said you'd have issues with certain things because there are repairs to the building itself? Those won't matter if your MILs unit is bad enough to get the whole building condemned.