Quantcast

what was the most interesting present you got this year for Xmas?

rogue22

Chimp
Dec 2, 2007
Just like the title says, what was the most interesting present you got this year for xmas, good or bad.

I'll start off, my sister brought me back an authentic aboriginal didgeridoo from australia. Now when the trails are too wet to ride I can learn how to play it!

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
^^ are those hard to walk in?? I see all the kids with em and it makes me want to get a pair

gonefirefightin

free wieners
^^ are those hard to walk in?? I see all the kids with em and it makes me want to get a pair
they arent hard to walk in at all, in fact once you get a set you will wear them all the time and keep the wheels close by. they are just like a pair of skate shoes or platform freindly downhil shoes. i wear them most of the time and have the wheels in the cup holder of the truck. whenever i am somewhere where i can use them i snap them in and hit it, wal mart, home depot, grocery store, or if i have to park far away.

i love em. plus my daughter thinks i am pretty cool because she has someone to heely with.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
You're fvcking kidding, right?

I have to remind myself that clotheslining one of those little inconsiderate sh!ts on wheels will probably get me arrested if I get caught.

An adult would make it just that more tempting.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A bottle of Jim Beam, it was my only present.

I did buy myself a blade cx2 remote control helicopter to play with while drinking bourbon.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You're fvcking kidding, right?

I have to remind myself that clotheslining one of those little inconsiderate sh!ts on wheels will probably get me arrested if I get caught.

An adult would make it just that more tempting.

Just carry around some fine gravel to throw on the ground in front of them. I'm sure those little wheels will come to a screeching halt when they hit a little stone.

JoeRay

Monkey
Feb 19, 2004
In Squalor
A carved wooden greyhound, full scale, in a curled up sleeping ball.

The dog, not the bus.
Very uncommon pose for a grey. Most of the ones I' met/ owned are back sleepers. I think it has to do with living in a warm climate.

My best present - four words:
Remote Control Lego Bulldozer

Really its for the boy, but at 2 months he falls a bit outside the target age range of 11-16 years.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Tonight I will be smoking a Cohiba that I received as a secret santa gift, the note attached said it was rolled between the thighs of 17 virgins.
Was there any hint as to the girth of said thighs in the note?

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
I had a pair of those when I was 12. Grinding on damn near everything... :busted:
Yeah I had some when I was 10. But while my friends and I were saving up for them we made our own soaps. Take a bunch of soap from the bathroom in a paper towel and soap up the rail, the teachers didn't like our idea.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
A paid day off which is always sweet! I don't celebrate christmas but love this time of year! We had thai food instead of chinese...

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
my birthday/xmas gift was a trip out to jackson hole for a week, i'd say santa was pretty good to me this year(although i was expecting the trip). i'm currently packing for it as i have to be at logan at 5 tomorrow morning.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I got money towards my new car for x-mas/b-day and my brother got me a GPS.

First time is ~3 years I've got anything during the holiday season and I am super pumped about it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It's sorta like a catapult. Sadly it's not full sized but I bet it could chuck a beer.. or at least a shot glass.
is it a fixed arm or floating arm treb? I had to build one in high school for physics class... went with the floating arm because they perform better. it was more complicated to build but was super cool.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It is fixed and I believe it is this kit. Floating arm sounds interesting.
http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/warfare/81e6/
floating arm trebs are where its at. I'll see if I can dig up pics of mine, but I doubt it. Do some google. Its really a straightforward idea... the main pivot axis of the arm is on wheels and slides along a track, while the weighted portion slides along a fixed vertical track. This way when the weight drops, the main pivot axis is yanked forward, giving much more horizontal acceleration.