Quantcast

what wheels?

noun

Chimp
Jan 16, 2011
ayr scotland
lookin at buyin wheels, got 150 to play with ...... halo combat 26" are the first choice. read the reviews but alot of bikes are runnin halos, is there any other brand as good as??, also looked at fire eye, :think:

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I rode the sh!t out of some Combats for two and a half years and they were still straight. Sold them to a friend and he's riding the sh!t out of them now. Not a weight weenie wheel but tough for the price.

noun

Chimp
Jan 16, 2011
ayr scotland
aah nice, there nice an simple lookin... i`m stuck on 24 or 26" is it just down to preference? or is it just the weight thats different by gettin the smaller wheel? my frame takes both size.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
For the most part, I would only install 24 wheels on a 24 specific frame. The BB can be too low if you install 24s on 26 frame (the stays can be too long too) But it depends on the frame.

24 is my preference, I like how the shorter bike spins quicker and easier.

noun

Chimp
Jan 16, 2011
ayr scotland
i found halos on ebay for 150 new . 26" purple sas rims shimano hubs!! they seem too cheap...... are the hubs gonna pack in after a couple of big drops or a heavy landing? i can also get 24" combat 2`s direct from halo at the same price.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Take this for what it is, since i assume this is a park/jump bike, try to get hubs that have wider flanges, it will make the wheel stiffer, Rims are just as important, but the "true" DJ beat on dopeness bikes, have singlespeed hubs with wider flanges, shimano hubs arent great, but they arent the worst either, i dont happen to like their design, but thats an opinion, not a law